Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2005, 00:21   #1
Len
God Member

Coppice Photos.

Last weekend I went for a walk up to the Coppice and while I was there I took some photos because I thought it might be a good idea to get a few photos of the area before things change up there.
I have added these photos to the Gallery, if anyone is interested. hehe

If anyone else has any Coppice pics then feel free to add them to the album in the Gallery.

Short cut to the Coppice pics, click on the image below.

Last edited by Len; 05-11-2005 at 08:27.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2005, 07:04   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Coppice Photos.

Great photo's Len.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:46   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

great photos len,would love to see some before they planted the soddin trees also anyone?
Old 12-05-2005, 20:33   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I was up there also and took quite a few pictures only trouble is members of my family sneaked on to most of them so I will have to try again sometime, those trees are a pain when you are trying to take photos of the town, cut them down is my opinion.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 20:43   #5
God Member

Have you seen the panoramic images that have been put on? Click Here

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 20:51   #6
Resident Waffler

Those trees really do spoil the view of the town don't they? Great photos though.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 20:51   #7
Len
God Member

Quote:
those trees are a pain when you are trying to take photos of the town
I agree. It would be a fantastic view of the town if those trees disappeared.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 20:59   #8
God Member

I'll go back up next weekend then and take my chainsaw with me!

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2005, 01:39   #9
land of hope and glory

proper photos! i can remember comming back from my hols and when you saw the image of an eagle on the face of the coppice you knew you where home! cut the trees down!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 23:47   #10
Resting in Peace

Have a young friend here .... showing her this lovely site... she says loves the Coppice and surrounding park area and should be preserved in its natural form for future generations and forget all this c**p about state of the art prententious images .. full stop. Sure you have discussed this before.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 00:05   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Have a young friend here .... showing her this lovely site... she says loves the Coppice and surrounding park area and should be preserved in its natural form for future generations and forget all this c**p about state of the art prententious images .. full stop. Sure you have discussed this before.
Get her to walk up the hill in the morning....She obviously has some taste and an eye for the landscape………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:22   #12
God Member

Nice pictures - it is a wonderful view.

The monument that is so horrible at the moment is going to be 100 years old in 2009. It would be a shame for it to celebrate it's centenary looking like that.

When it was first placed a huge procession walked up the Coppice to celebrate it - I think we should be doing something similar in a few years time.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 18:45   #13
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Nice pictures - it is a wonderful view.

The monument that is so horrible at the moment is going to be 100 years old in 2009. It would be a shame for it to celebrate it's centenary looking like that.

When it was first placed a huge procession walked up the Coppice to celebrate it - I think we should be doing something similar in a few years time.
Perhaps an application for lottery funding could be made for restoration of an historical landmake.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 07-11-2005, 21:16   #14
God Member

Ermmm - an application was in but it was tied in with something else - you know what!!!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 21:48   #15
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Ermmm - an application was in but it was tied in with something else - you know what!!!!!!
I wouldn’t worry about that other thing, what was it again? If somebody doesn’t do something with it Gayle the Vandals, weather and general decay will put an end to it permanently. This bit of hill was given to the people and its overall restoration should be a project of its own merit. What a fantastic place to walk or sit and admire the view across the bourogh and beyond. I’d have the paths defined with a degree of sympathy to the areas wildness and have vandal proof seating installed so people young and old alike can enjoy it. The more people that use it the better it will be policed by the public. Make it a joint approach project with local kids groups, good and bad and hopefully instil a sense of pride and achievement in them rather than do nothing at all.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..