Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2004, 00:32   #1

disapointed

G/Day everyone have just been looking at back post and came across this photo of accy station platform to blackburn, As I was a fireman at the Accrington sheds around 1958 it really is a big disapointnent to see it in such disaray , I can still smell the smoke steam and oil , But alast those days have gone never to return I thank my lucky soul I got out . I'm sure alot of you must feel the same dissapointment .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg station.jpg (58.5 KB, 98 views)
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2004, 01:27   #2
Len
God Member

Re: disapointed

Hi bygum.

I can almost imagine how you felt when you saw that picture for the first time since you once worked there many years ago.
I have memories of 30 years ago when our family lived in NSW.
The area where we lived, I recon that I know nearly every street, every short cut, and every empty plot of land because as kid you explore these things.
But I believe if I was to go and visit the same area today the place will be nothing like what I remember and because of which it will totally shatter /ruin my today’s memories and I bet that will be a very sad time.
It’s good thou when some one takes the trouble of taking a photo of a derelict plot of land which to most folk is just an eye saw yet to others it has a history/memories.

p.s.
I hope it makes sense; I’ve had a few beers tonight.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 02:21   #3

Re: disapointed

Thanks for your reply and just to think that Harwood was my second home did all our danceing there jazz lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..