Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 12:55   #1
God Member

From the Coppice - Our House

Old 09-06-2006, 17:23   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: From the Coppice - Our House

Ya' know Kipax that was my biggest pleasure as a child when I climbed the Coppice, spotting our house.

Unfortunately, this is the only piccie I have at the moment, and my 'ex house' not on there ... was a little to the right off Queen's Road.

P7104092.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 21:39   #3
God Member

I took loads of pics.. I bet I have it.. I will look... to the right of queens rd?
Old 10-06-2006, 00:18   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I took loads of pics.. I bet I have it.. I will look... to the right of queens rd?
Left I guess, off Queens road, but right of the picture .. William Street.. cheers
Old 10-06-2006, 00:29   #5
Member.

My grandfather was born and brought up on William Street. Mr K, do you have any pointing in the direction of Fern Gore?

I love the coppice and the views on a clear day are second to none in the terms of industrial towns. The shot of the club was excellent, I hope the ground improvements are progressing well…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 00:41   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

splendid photograph.
Old 10-06-2006, 00:44   #7
God Member

I am guessing but isnt fern gore after railway station looking from coppice... and is this queens rd where mooorhead is? or am i way off

Old 10-06-2006, 15:40   #8

Yes great views I did the same myself as a kid lived in annie st ,spoke to a lady on here who went and took some pics of the street for me very gratful to her. The street looked just the same except the gardens now have the dreaded car in them instead of flowers,and as for the house prices well I was taken aback.
xaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 15:40   #9

Yes great views I did the same myself as a kid lived in annie st ,spoke to a lady on here who went and took some pics of the street for me very gratful to her. The street looked just the same except the gardens now have the dreaded car in them instead of flowers,and as for the house prices well I was taken aback.
xaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 19:56   #10

That is accy town center railway station lol
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 20:24   #11
Full Member+

and just imagine how much better the picture would be if you had stood on a P*n*ptic*n. Sorry Sorry, could`nt resist it!
Old 04-11-2006, 20:50   #12
Senior Member+

Its great having the copice , as a child i used to go up there and i think alot of people do aswell its a great view of accrington itself and shows the great town in all its glory

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:23   #13

What a grate photo it,s a long time ago since i was up there i think i was in my teens but there is no way i could get up there now keep that photo and then its something you can look back on
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:34   #14
Resting in Peace

Hey, and guess what, must have missed XAccy's post in June ... realised must know him. P.M'd him and yes, a lad I was brought up with .. always wondered where he went !!

Good stuff Accyweb. xx

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..