Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Morecambe Ex Pat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2016, 18:43   #1
Full Member+

Mystery Location

Can anyone tell me where this is?
I believe it is in the Broad Oak or Sandy Lane Area dated early 1900's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 438.jpg (274.9 KB, 107 views)

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2016, 19:10   #2
I am Banned

Re: Mystery Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Can anyone tell me where this is?
I believe it is in the Broad Oak or Sandy Lane Area dated early 1900's
I've lived in this area all my life, an I can tell thee its nowt like Broad Oak or Sandy Lane, there are a lot of old pictures and paintings of Broad Oak Fold floating round on web sites, in Haworth Art gallery and Accy libray. Spent an hour thisaft loking thro my copy of the directory I made when I indexed all the farm records for F Division back in the late 70's, there were over 900 farms, or remote dwellings, in an area covering nigh on 20 square miles in the old F. Div.
Just blown up the copyright stamp and I've never heard of that lot before, they are not local photographers.

Last edited by Retlaw; 04-02-2016 at 19:15.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 20:53   #3
Senior Member+

Looks a bit like Kings Highway at Stonefold
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 21:10   #4
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post

Just blown up the copyright stamp and I've never heard of that lot before, they are not local photographers.
The stamp has been placed on the photo by M Ex P. The other photo's on his website are marked the same.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:49   #5
Full Member+

Thanks, this photo was with a lot of other ones and also documents all relating to Broad Oak and Sandy Lane. We do have connections with Stonefold too but dismissed it as we couldn't find an uphill bit with a left hand bend.

Back in the Dark Ages, this would have made a good mystery for the Accy Observer but since they are no longer in Accy, they don't seem to bother with trivial things, like local Accrington stories.

Steve2qec is correct, it is our watermark from the HodgkinsonClark website.
steve2qec likes this.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:15   #6
Senior Member+

I went on google maps and put the little gold man on and went down the kings highway to stonefold
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:05   #7
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Thanks, this photo was with a lot of other ones and also documents all relating to Broad Oak and Sandy Lane. We do have connections with Stonefold too but dismissed it as we couldn't find an uphill bit with a left hand bend.

Back in the Dark Ages, this would have made a good mystery for the Accy Observer but since they are no longer in Accy, they don't seem to bother with trivial things, like local Accrington stories.

Steve2qec is correct, it is our watermark from the HodgkinsonClark website.
Some good stuff on the site.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..