Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2015, 19:30   #46
Senior Member+

Open photography exhibition: Accrington libraryentries closes midnight tonigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Never saw you, and I was looking out for folk I might know.

I was only there very briefly, I think I recognised a few photos but my favourite was the eagle? with the fish.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2015, 19:50   #47
Beacon of light

Re: Open photography exhibition: Accrington libraryentries closes midnight tonight mi

I liked the Eagle and also the Kingfisher......the skill in those shots was far greater than that needed to capture a light bulb...or a set of pavement furniture....but I suppose pictures are very subjective.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 21:48   #48
Senior Member+

Re: Open photography exhibition: Accrington libraryentries closes midnight tonight mi

Sadly,I couldn't make it.

I hope all them professional photographers didn't get too jealous by the entries from Accyweb members

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 05:42   #49

yay, go accywebbers! Some great pics on display eh x
Old 17-04-2015, 11:26   #50
Beacon of light

I took himself into the Library today to show him some of the pictures...seeing as he could not be prised off the sofa last night.
I took a picture of Dianne's entry...will post it later on Today in Pictures.
Was going to take the pictures of the eagle and the Kingfisher but my battery gave out before I could capture them. These are the pictures I would have been giving my eye teeth to have taken.
I normally have a spare battery...but not today!
Old 17-04-2015, 11:59   #51
Senior Member+

Seems like,I took little notice of the flyer.
I thought it was just photos taken in Lancashire

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 17-04-2015 at 12:05.
Old 17-04-2015, 16:08   #52

heres the flyers for the upcoming events at the library: talks, workshops and films
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flyer1.jpg (434.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg flyer2.jpg (394.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-05-2015, 09:57   #53
Senior Member+

I took a shot of the eagle for you M (very impressive), the top 10 did next to nothing for me also an I so wanted to write a tirade in the comments book (but refrained).
Well done to all those members who tried (and feel cheated ).

image.jpg

password--Accyweb
Old 06-05-2015, 10:12   #54
Senior Member+

That for me was the best photo there, great subject and timing with the water still dropping from the fish. I don`t feel cheated but whoever took that photo probably should.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:44   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
That for me was the best photo there, great subject and timing with the water still dropping from the fish. I don`t feel cheated but whoever took that photo probably should.
I agree,that for me was a real contender and beat the socks off all the top 10.
Here is another that (imo) should of been in the top 10:-

image.jpg

password--Accyweb
Old 06-05-2015, 12:21   #56
Senior Member+

Thanks, it`s my favourite pic of the dogs and one i`m going to get printed, but technically it has it`s faults (nearest eye not in focus properly and a slight halo around the dogs), and if my untrained eye can see them then i`m sure someone judging a photography exhibit will too.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:31   #57
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
And for me too. I would have been so proud to have taken that picture.

As for the imperfections you see in your picture, I think you are being too critical. The picture has a 'life' about it...an essence......it is real and alive.....and being life it has some minor imperfections(as you see it). I would see this as part of the character of the picture, part of its loveliness and attraction.

I found the pictures in the top ten were lifeless and without spirit and essence...they didn't grab me and make me think 'Wow! I wish I had taken that shot....whereas your pic and that of the eagle did make me think WOW! I really wish I had taken that picture.

Seeing photos done by other people can make you look more critically at your own shots....but we can always learn from what others have done...try in our own way to improve our own picture.....they never take anything away from what we have captured.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:56   #58
Senior Member+

I do like to push myself to do better, and to do that you need to be critical of yourself. I`d fixed the halo but in the rush to send off my pic I sent them the unfixed one. There`s nothing I could do about the out of focus eye though, that`s just down to how the photo came about, just sat having a brew waiting for the sun to set a bit more, all set up for a sunset shot when I looked to my right and that`s what I saw, had to take it quickly so no time to change settings.
Can`t be all bad though as it has been my one and only sale on photo4me, and just knowing that someone somewhere was willing to pay for one of my photos was one of the best feelings ever.
Old 06-05-2015, 14:10   #59
Beacon of light

I have never sold a picture I have taken...though I have had a couple used in guide books and one is currently being incorporated into a Victorian Heritage journal.
Old 06-05-2015, 14:18   #60
Senior Member+

Get some on - Canvas Prints, Photo Art, Wall Art, Photographic Prints I was a bit reluctant at first, but it`s free and you never know, I never thought anyone would buy one of mine, who`d want a photo of my pets? But someone did (paid £38.82 for it) and I got £10 commision.
Accyexplorer likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..