Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2004, 12:30   #1
God Member

Taking pics of children

As a spin off to the where can you take a camera thread... One of the reasons given was to protect children.

Hmmm

I take pics mainly of crowds and things at football... I can take pics of kids if they are in a crowd and not the center of the pic.... If you see any pics where kids are central then either they are my kids (I have 7) or the parents have asked me.. usualy waving at me and pointing to there kids.. Or if I see a good colourfull pic I ask the parent.. usualy a nod at the child and the camera as apposed to a written contract n the spare of the moment. The important bit being that the parents are totally aware of what I am doing.

So I follow what i think are common sense laws..Like I say.. I have brought up 7 of the horrible little things so I hope I am somewhat qualified... coupled with a notice on my site that I will remove any picture on request for any reason and without question (unless its an obvious wind up)

Seems right to me... But open to comments ?
Old 02-04-2004, 12:40   #2

Re: Taking pics of children

In this day and age you're right to adopt that attitude.

Innocence is a thing of the past. I only take piccys of my grandchildren, and my mates little kids.

Last year I was stood on Union Road, Ossy (near the Palladium) waiting for my mate to go for a couple of pints in the Rose & Crown. There were some kids playing football across the street. They came over to me and asked if I was a Paedophile and what was I doing looking at them.

Never mind taking photographs....
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:43   #3
Jo

I think the point is that it's not right to take photos of kids in their swimming cossies. It would be impossible to ban taking photos of crowds, but there are some situations where we all probably want a bit more privacy, especially for our kids, and the swimming baths are a very vulnerable place. I'm sure you'll agree, having brought up 7 kids, that it makes you sick to think some guy would take photos of them in their trunks / bikinis and then use them for his or other people's pleasure.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:46   #4
Jo

Forgot to say, I don't think you'll have any problems Kipax, common sense, as you say, is probably the best rule. If we were in the USA with all those law suits they bring about, I'd maybe be a little moer careful still, though. but were not, so keep up the good work!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:52   #5
God Member

Jo.. you seem convinced "it" would be a him ?

But yes your right... I think all the places listed for not taking your camera are absoloutly right... Maybe more....

I was asked by accy stanley to take pics at the award ceremony for the summer soccer schoool.. I took pics of every kid recieving an award... all of them got soemhting even if just for atending so there was loads of pics....... even though the club asked me to take the pics... i didnt publish them or know what to do with them...
Old 02-04-2004, 14:47   #6
Senior Member+

Hope you are going to be present at the forthcoming soccer school;my little monster is taking part and I would have no hesitation in letting you use her pics on your site;she would be made up!
As an afterthought....how on earth have you found the time to have 7 kids....the area must be populated with Mini-Kipax's!
Old 02-04-2004, 14:55   #7
God Member

Mini-Kipax's! hahaha sounds like a chocolate bar

I would ahve thought people would have got in touch from the last event and asked for pics but they didnt... eeerm sorry.. the frst event I mean....... i didnt bother with the last one cus no one ever asked for the pics...
Old 02-04-2004, 15:02   #8
Senior Member+

the club asked u to do it? what about roy gabryzach?
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..