Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2013, 19:30   #4516
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Today in Pictures, no time for anything today, so 30 minutes around the park was the best I could manage.

1. Nice day for a picnic.
2. Crocosmia Lucifer.
3. Day Lilly.
4. No idea, but it is a bit blousy.
5. A type of Agave.
6. I think of Disney for some reason, it's an ornamental Onion.
7. And another.
8. An anemone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1180642.JPG (393.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P1180648.JPG (466.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1180651.JPG (477.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1180670.JPG (417.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1180673.JPG (486.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1180679.JPG (477.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1180682.JPG (455.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1180686.JPG (450.2 KB, 5 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2013, 18:29   #4517
Senior Member+

I went on one of the free trips The British Legion Hotel organises, they have their own small coach and about 15 of us went to Albert Dock and Liverpool Cathedral for the day.

The first three were taken through the coach window with a little Pansonic Lumix pocket camera.

The rest with my DSLR and they speak for them selves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020604.JPG (207.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1020605.jpg (389.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1020610.JPG (448.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3066.JPG (333.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3048.JPG (386.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3050.JPG (394.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3093.JPG (471.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3078.JPG (416.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3056.JPG (219.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3088.JPG (174.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 27-07-2013, 19:19   #4518
Senior Member+

We went to Skipton today and I took what I thought were loads of good pics. When I got home to download them on my pc ,to my horror I had forgot to put my SD card back in my camera last night. Another Senior Momemt
mobertol likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 19:21   #4519
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I went on one of the free trips The British Legion Hotel organises, they have their own small coach and about 15 of us went to Albert Dock and Liverpool Cathedral for the day.

The first three were taken through the coach window with a little Pansonic Lumix pocket camera.

Great photos Russell.
Is that Billy Fury in No 4?
mobertol likes this.
Old 27-07-2013, 19:52   #4520
Senior Member+

Yes Frank, the statue is Billy Fury.
There were lots of people having their photos taken stood next to it, I had to wait a while to get the photo myself.

You not the only one with Senior Moments. I took my camera out for the day once and left the battery on charge back home.
The new Nikon I have has an grip which attaches so you can hold the camera and use the buttons to take portraits instead of landscapes. The grip has a battery in it as well and also a cartridge which you can slip in and that holds 6 AA batteries. You usually get the AA's anywhere if the other runs out of power.
Old 27-07-2013, 20:06   #4521
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
There were lots of people having their photos taken stood next to it, I had to wait a while to get the photo myself.
Ain't that the truth! Whenever there's something worthwhile, you can guarantee there'll be hoards of bodies in the way. Oh & thanks for that Gremlin, nice to see my home town highlighted.
mobertol likes this.
Old 27-07-2013, 20:46   #4522
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
When I got home to download them on my pc ,to my horror I had forgot to put my SD card back in my camera last night. Another Senior Momemt
Quote:

You not the only one with Senior Moments. I took my camera out for the day once and left the battery on charge back home..
Great pics, but senior moments?? we only went to New York the once, took some great photos, came home, took camera in Garth Dawsons n said please develop em, They opened the camera n said NO film in sir. Beat that.
mobertol and davemac like this.
Old 27-07-2013, 20:54   #4523
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Great pics, but senior moments?? we only went to New York the once, took some great photos, came home, took camera in Garth Dawsons n said please develop em, They opened the camera n said NO film in sir. Beat that.
Boom Boom
Old 27-07-2013, 22:12   #4524
Senior Member+

Quote:

My Nan used to live in Liverpool, but haven't been there for perhaps 20 years, the place looks a lot different now. Great set of pictures.
Old 27-07-2013, 22:15   #4525
Senior Member+

Quote:
We went to Skipton today and I took what I thought were loads of good pics. When I got home to download them on my pc ,to my horror I had forgot to put my SD card back in my camera last night. Another Senior Momemt
Is there no internal memory ?
Old 28-07-2013, 07:59   #4526
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Did exactly the same on a romantic break in Edinburgh over New Year with my other half -was 1998 -first time we'd left the boys with my mum and gone off on our own! They were brilliant photos too!
cashman and davemac like this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 08:26   #4527
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Is there no internal memory ?
No not on that camera
Old 28-07-2013, 09:31   #4528
Senior Member+

Quote:
No not on that camera
Oh well a lesson learnt then. I've done a similar thing with a battery, but found out when I tried the first snap.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:08   #4529
Senior Member+

It was 16 years since I last went to Liverpool but didn't have much time to look around, we were catching the ferry boat that took us to Manchester on the Ship Canal, a good day out and one I am planning to do later this year. It was £28 then, now it is £38 and you have to make your own way to the boat, a coach takes you back to where you started from. The boat stays overnight in Manchester and does the return trip the day after.
Before that it was during the 70's when I used to go along side the ships in the docks with a tanker to put the oil on board. I hardly recognised the dock road now and all the new buildings which have sprung up around the City, Liverpool One for example.
Gone is the old Sally Ann where I stayed overnight a few times.
Anyway a few more from Albert Dock and then tomorrow it's off to Liverpool Cathedral.
One last ice cream before I go.
Enjoy them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Albert Dock (4).JPG (300.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Albert Dock (2).JPG (176.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Albert Dock (3).JPG (181.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Albert Dock (5).JPG (124.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Albert Dock (6).JPG (265.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Albert Dock (7).JPG (279.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Albert Dock (8).JPG (470.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Albert Dock (9).jpg (385.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Ice Cream Van.jpg (508.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 28-07-2013, 12:02   #4530
Senior Member+

No 6 is the old Granada TV Building isn't it?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..