Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2015, 22:58   #10681

Re: Today in pictures

I love these shots - I can't pick a favourite. It's so good to see colour in winter
davemac likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2015, 23:12   #10682
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
When you say messing with exposures, what is it that you are doing ?
Nothing special,more learning the shutter speeds and exposure settings because I bought a tripod.I could never hold it still enough for the pictures not to be blurred beforehand.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 09:14   #10683
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I love these shots - I can't pick a favourite. It's so good to see colour in winter
It was a nice day, the sun was shining, it was one of those outings that I enjoyed more than some others despite all that scrambling up and down the slopes.
Turtle likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 09:14   #10684
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Nothing special,more learning the shutter speeds and exposure settings because I bought a tripod.I could never hold it still enough for the pictures not to be blurred beforehand.
you must be getting serious if you have bought a tripod.
Accyexplorer likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 09:37   #10685
Senior Member+

I found that carting a tripod around was a bit too much like hard work so I bought a monopod which can double as a walking pole.
A tip for accyexplorer regarding playing around with exposure or shutter speeds. Have a look at the camera instruction book to see how to set it up for bracketing, that way you can compare three or five pictures taken at the same time with one press of the shutter each with slightly different exposures.

Hope I'm not teaching my granny to suck eggs !
Turtle and Accyexplorer like this.

Last edited by Gremlin; 18-02-2015 at 09:43.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 12:32   #10686
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
It's so good to see colour in winter
What! White isn't good enuff for your?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 13:18   #10687

Well, it is wearing a bit thin, for me. Just glad I don't live on the East Coast, poor devils
Old 18-02-2015, 14:16   #10688
Senior Member+

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

I've just been playing around with some bird pics taken over the last year
Eric, davemac, Stevie R and 3 others like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 16:26   #10689
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I found that carting a tripod around was a bit too much like hard work so I bought a monopod which can double as a walking pole.
A tip for accyexplorer regarding playing around with exposure or shutter speeds. Have a look at the camera instruction book to see how to set it up for bracketing, that way you can compare three or five pictures taken at the same time with one press of the shutter each with slightly different exposures.

Hope I'm not teaching my granny to suck eggs !
Not at all G, as a greenhorn, any and all advice Re photography is much appreciated.

I think I've got the hang of it now,if it's dark when taking a pic the iso needs to be higher and vice versa. However, it would be good to be able to choose from a set of different exposures rather than having to take seperate shots.
I'm not sure if my (bridge) camera is fancy enough to have that feature though I'll have to have a read later....cheers

password--Accyweb
Old 18-02-2015, 19:15   #10690
Senior Member+

These photographs are a very simple example of bracketing. One click, five photographs all slightly different exposures.
I set it on a low setting but I could have had the same photo range from dark to very bright.
The middle photo was the one I set the camera for and the others were two over and two under exposed.
The plate was given to my mother in 1938 by her mother. My mum died in 1948 and is one of only two things of hers I posses, apart from lots of photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_4944.JPG (220.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4945.JPG (285.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4946.JPG (308.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4947.JPG (366.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4948.JPG (340.2 KB, 12 views)
Eric, maxthecollie, Turtle and 2 others like this.
Old 18-02-2015, 19:30   #10691
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
These photographs are a very simple example of bracketing. One click, five photographs all slightly different exposures.
I set it on a low setting but I could have had the same photo range from dark to very bright.
The middle photo was the one I set the camera for and the others were two over and two under exposed.
The plate was given to my mother in 1938 by her mother. My mum died in 1948 and is one of only two things of hers I posses, apart from lots of photos.
Nice vintage plate, is it converted to be wall mounted?
fruit was on everything from wallpaper to plates in that era.
I want to get experience in "light trails/painting" as I've come across quite a few amazing pics using this technique with burning wire wool being a particular favourite of mine.

password--Accyweb
Old 18-02-2015, 20:10   #10692
Senior Member+

1a.JPG2a.JPG
Try something like this . Number 1 is a lit spinning coloured wheel and number2 is fairy lights
Eric, Gremlin, Turtle and 1 others like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 20:19   #10693

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Some stunners there, Frank
Old 18-02-2015, 23:53   #10694
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Attachment 47197Attachment 47198
Try something like this . Number 1 is a lit spinning coloured wheel and number2 is fairy lights
That's the idea Frank,nice one

password--Accyweb
Old 19-02-2015, 02:11   #10695
Senior Member+

A few randoms from the town center

DSCF4363.jpgDSCF4366.jpgDSCF4367.jpgDSCF4368.jpgDSCF4371.jpgDSCF4373.jpgDSCF4375.jpgDSCF4381.jpgDSCF4379.jpg

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..