Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2012, 15:44   #1336
Resting In Peace

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Not being technically minded I just wonder how much space every youtube music/video link takes up?
I do remember reading on here some time ago, don't know whereabouts, a request to delete the video link if quoting a previous post with a Youtube video in, to save space.
Old 27-07-2012, 17:19   #1337
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Looks like a better market than Accy and in a place with only just over 5000 inhabitants (according to Wikipedia). And not a fancy market hall or faux Victorian stall in sight!

Wasn't expecting to see a large African lady as in pic 6!
The woman sitting on the bench with the little girl outside the Town Hall (in shade so you can't see!) is Chinese. It is a very multi-ethnic village as is quite typical these days in Italy. I have Hindu and Sikh neighbours on the farm and there are also some Egyptians on a farm near us. I am the only English person though but there is a German lady too who i know and the village seamstress is Thai. As well as the village church there is a Sikh temple as there are numerous Indian families in this area working in the dairy industry -for them cows are sacred and they like working with them.

The African family live in a little hamlet called San Martino just half a mile away - very friendly -I was chatting to the large lady's daughter who is on the first photo holding her son (just checked she is behind the lady with her back to the camera!) -she works in a local restaurant where we go. The family provide the 3 kings every year for the villages living Nativity play!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 27-07-2012 at 17:23.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 19:03   #1338
Senior Member+

It doesn't. That info streams from youtube/google servers not accyweb. Well the link and code is stored on here... but that is around 50-100bytes or something

The sentence above in bold prob takes up around 236bytes space who knows with all the code and stuff

When you add attachments here, they are uploaded to the accyweb server. The next 3 pictures I will upload here are 1.3MB imagine 20 a day from 3 or 4 users.

edit: this explains it better --- http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/redu...orage-usage-92

Quote:
Not being technically minded I just wonder how much space every youtube music/video link takes up?

Last edited by Restless; 27-07-2012 at 19:12.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 19:09   #1339
Senior Member+

Just a few taken today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7656500188_69bfa792f4_b.jpg (414.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 7656533710_7ec5bc341a_b.jpg (470.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 7656525210_69102a1ea2_b.jpg (344.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 27-07-2012, 19:48   #1340
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Just for Katex.

A woodland guide.

1.Start point at the traffic lights.
2. Keep to the top path.
3. Keep to the right.
4. At the carved Owl, left path.
5. just down this path, not far, is the trunk, visible on the right.
6. It is round the other side, you go past a bit and turn around.
7. There it is, you are now facing the path you just came down.

And may the force be with you.
I found it, Davemac !!

And here is the proof .... LOL : Frightened the poo out of me.

Woodlands 001.JPG
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 20:06   #1341

I'm missing Bob, I'd grown quite attached to him!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 21:49   #1342
Senior Member+

I'm a bit behind tonight, I haven't been sulking ,honest, Getting and fitting a WI. FI printer for a friend.

Anyway to reply to all collectively.

No it was a rocking horse, and yes it is rare but I have some.
Glad you found it, have you found all the carved rocks yet, there a bit mossed over now and not easy to spot.
I don't think lavender drops would come close, I was thinking ylang ylang, or a bit of jojoba, failing that a bit of honeycomb tripe.
Bobs on this set, but not his best side.

Right to business, Today in Pictures, Riley's swing bridge, the return.

1. Its very floral at this time of year.
2. First style to negotiate.
3. The second one, its not as overgrown now as it was when I tramped this way before, it was nettles past my armpits last time, that made them at least two foot tall.
4. Bob after he was lobbed over a style with no dog access.
5. Quick waft of honeysuckle before the dunk roundabout.
6. It was just like being in Paris, with the chairs and the smell of a sausage barmcake on the breeze.
7. These rascals have doubled in size since my last session of hands and knees, and bumps a daisy.
8.If this get any bigger I will get the chairs from around the corner and have a cup of tea and a soft bap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0309.JPG (488.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0310.JPG (414.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0313.JPG (467.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0315.JPG (425.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0320.JPG (410.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0323.JPG (382.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0324.JPG (407.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0331.JPG (490.3 KB, 7 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 22:48   #1343
God Member

Quote:
I'm a bit behind tonight, I haven't been sulking ,honest, Getting and fitting a WI. FI printer for a friend.

Anyway to reply to all collectively.

No it was a rocking horse, and yes it is rare but I have some.
Glad you found it, have you found all the carved rocks yet, there a bit mossed over now and not easy to spot.
I don't think lavender drops would come close, I was thinking ylang ylang, or a bit of jojoba, failing that a bit of honeycomb tripe.
Bobs on this set, but not his best side.

Right to business, Today in Pictures, Riley's swing bridge, the return.

1. Its very floral at this time of year.
2. First style to negotiate.
3. The second one, its not as overgrown now as it was when I tramped this way before, it was nettles past my armpits last time, that made them at least two foot tall.
4. Bob after he was lobbed over a style with no dog access.
5. Quick waft of honeysuckle before the dunk roundabout.
6. It was just like being in Paris, with the chairs and the smell of a sausage barmcake on the breeze.
7. These rascals have doubled in size since my last session of hands and knees, and bumps a daisy.
8.If this get any bigger I will get the chairs from around the corner and have a cup of tea and a soft bap.
Riley's swing bridge is for me of course -my childhood playground on many a summer day!
Hate tripe -though it is iconic of Accy in a way. My Grandad loved it -used to play on the swing bridge in his day

Love the thread Dave -lets keep it up! Promise to be careful and not post more than ten again!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-07-2012, 23:05   #1344
Senior Member+

Quote:
Riley's swing bridge is for me of course -my childhood playground on many a summer day!
Hate tripe -though it is iconic of Accy in a way. My Grandad loved it -used to play on the swing bridge in his day

Love the thread Dave -lets keep it up! Promise to be careful and not post more than ten again!
Its not an option to close it, if it was up to me there would be no limit, but we have to be sensible, I think ten can be adapted to, but don't get me started again, I have just calmed down from my last rant. Also I think Mick is keeping a low profile hoping the heat will go out of the thread, the jury is still out on that one.
Old 28-07-2012, 00:08   #1345
God Member

Quote:
Its not an option to close it, if it was up to me there would be no limit, but we have to be sensible, I think ten can be adapted to, but don't get me started again, I have just calmed down from my last rant. Also I think Mick is keeping a low profile hoping the heat will go out of the thread, the jury is still out on that one.
I got a slapped wrist but not many others had posted yesterday -lets not get demoralised by it!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-07-2012, 06:00   #1346
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Mick is not keeping a low profile as you say
Mick is doing his job and keeping this site running
if you have a problem then please use the pm system and not post on site

Now is you have finished moaning can we get back on thread
i like to see the photos of members so let have some more on today please
Oh and by the way i will soon have a few to put on myself as i am off to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks (without the wife)

Last edited by Mick; 28-07-2012 at 06:14.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 08:36   #1347
Beacon of light

Mick...you lucky Josser...shame Anne can't go...though I guess that gives you free rein...not that I am implying anything here you understand
I will look forward to seeing your pics Mick.......and Dave keep 'em coming.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 09:01   #1348
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Mick is not keeping a low profile as you say
Mick is doing his job and keeping this site running
if you have a problem then please use the pm system and not post on site

Now is you have finished moaning can we get back on thread
i like to see the photos of members so let have some more on today please
Oh and by the way i will soon have a few to put on myself as i am off to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks (without the wife)
I don't have a problem, but I didn't offer to close the thread if we didn't behave.
As for using the pm system, you responded in open forum and I replied in the same way.
You have imposed a limit to the number of photos on the thread, we are trying to comply to this, as for moaning, I don't think defending the thread is a moan, I could say its you that is moaning, about the number we are posting
Old 28-07-2012, 11:22   #1349
God Member

Back to some photos.

A selection of things that have caught my eye...

1 Badger near Ambleside
2 Fox in Heptonstall
3 Fruit bat in Wray
4 Carden center in Wray
5 Red Lion Hawkshead
6 Grindstone in Howtown
7 Mangle in Belfast
8 Reflections in Skipton
9 Scarecrow resting in Heptonstall
10 Trout in Pooley Bridge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Badger weather vane.JPG (29.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Fox door knocker Heptonstall.JPG (40.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Fruit bat Wray.JPG (24.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Garden center Wray.JPG (49.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Hawkshead pub.JPG (42.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Howtown grindstone.jpg (52.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Mangle.jpg (31.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Reflections Skipton.JPG (44.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Scarecrow in Heptonstall.JPG (38.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Trout weather vane Pooley Bridge.JPG (24.0 KB, 4 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-07-2012, 11:41   #1350
Senior Member+

Quote:
Back to some photos.

A selection of things that have caught my eye...

1 Badger near Ambleside
2 Fox in Heptonstall
3 Fruit bat in Wray
4 Carden center in Wray
5 Red Lion Hawkshead
6 Grindstone in Howtown
7 Mangle in Belfast
8 Reflections in Skipton
9 Scarecrow resting in Heptonstall
10 Trout in Pooley Bridge
Nice collection from very different locations, I'm a mangle man myself, followed by the grindstone.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..