Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Nescafe pick me ups (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/nescafe-pick-me-ups-36507.html)

jackyalex 27-01-2008 15:19

Nescafe pick me ups

A while ago nescafe started putting beans on the back of its coffee jars that you can save up and get rewards, the only thing you have to pay for is the p&p which isnt that much, i have been saving and got quite a few things, (the dressing gown is lovely), some of you will probably already know but for those who dont its worth having a look, NESCAFÉ pick-me-ups - turn beans into gifts

MargaretR 27-01-2008 15:25

Re: Nescafe pick me ups

I have 2 jars in my cupboard with a total of 4 beans. I have just had a quick look on the site, and the number of beans needed for freebies isn't enormous.
Thanks Jackie - I would never have known about this without your mention of it, because I only read labels on other type foods, not coffee.

slinky 27-01-2008 15:53

Well, if Kenco start doing them, I might be able to get something.:D

katex 27-01-2008 16:11

LOL's .. didn't click onto this properly over Christmas .. was just about to throw an empty away and open a new one, when daughter interrupted and screamed "Don't Mum, you collecting these ? well I am !" and hurriedly tore these little strips off the label, with no further explanation :rolleyes:

Just realised through your thread Jacky what she was on about .. the cheeky muppet .. will have to start reading more labels ! They were both 300g jars, so not sure how many beans you get for this size ?

Will have to remember to hide my coffee jars next time she visits ...:(

jackyalex 27-01-2008 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 522705)
LOL's .. didn't click onto this properly over Christmas .. was just about to throw an empty away and open a new one, when daughter interrupted and screamed "Don't Mum, you collecting these ? well I am !" and hurriedly tore these little strips off the label, with no further explanation :rolleyes:

Just realised through your thread Jacky what she was on about .. the cheeky muppet .. will have to start reading more labels ! They were both 300g jars, so not sure how many beans you get for this size ?

Will have to remember to hide my coffee jars next time she visits ...:(

LOL you will have to hide them in future, on the jars you get 1 bean per 100g so your daughter got 6 beans thats alot of beans lol

slinky 27-01-2008 16:57

Can you get a bean stalk??

katex 27-01-2008 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyalex (Post 522710)
LOL you will have to hide them in future, on the jars you get 1 bean per 100g so your daughter got 6 beans thats alot of beans lol

Will do jacky .. still suppose she could do with a new dressing gown .. but hek ! so could I :pmad:

Still at least someone getting some use out of them, would have just gone in the bin (sorry, Blue Box) otherwise :D Wonder if our bin men notice things like this ?

jackyalex 27-01-2008 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 522713)
Will do jacky .. still suppose she could do with a new dressing gown .. but hek ! so could I :pmad:

Still at least someone getting some use out of them, would have just gone in the bin (sorry, Blue Box) otherwise :D Wonder if our bin men notice things like this ?

start saving now you can get 2 dressing gowns and give your daughter 1 for her birthday or xmas

Mick 27-01-2008 19:19

Anne has done this for ages and has loads of stuff from them
can i make a hint or two here:)
1) you save the beans and give the me to get accyweb prizes with.
2)you send off for something and give it me as a prize for accyweb :hidewall:
i will give karma in exchange:D
if you do have some i can have pm me and i will send you my address.
it would save me money having to buy all the prizes i have had a few donations of prizes but not many

flashy 27-01-2008 19:26

coffee HAHAHAHA i dont need a pick me up when i drink it, i only have to sniff the stuff and i'm as high as a kite ;)

katex 27-01-2008 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 522712)
Can you get a bean stalk??

Well, still got the fishnets.. :D

Mick .. get lost.

Flashy .. we know all about your caffeine problems .. as if you need any pick-ups .. :D

katex 27-01-2008 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 522777)
Mick .. get lost.

Only joking Mick ... x

Realise you have contributed plenty in prizes, and, of course, will send you my beans (after I have got me dressing gown that is !)

MUMMIBOO 27-01-2008 20:50

well i never thought people collected em! if id of known mum would have had plenty more! i will save them for you dad from now on!. x

jackyalex 27-01-2008 22:20

you also get a magazine through the post (free) with a spare card on the back so you can collect more beans, also when your reward arrives you get more saving cards, just a note the dressing gowns only come in small & large and white only, the large isnt all that large also the towel and slipper set the slippers are also in small & large the large would fit no bigger than a size 7, they have now just added some electric kitchen scales for 15 beans, thats next on my list

panther 28-01-2008 08:45

i remember doing this with fags years ago:D