Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2008, 15:19   #1
Senior Member+

Nescafe pick me ups

A while ago nescafe started putting beans on the back of its coffee jars that you can save up and get rewards, the only thing you have to pay for is the p&p which isnt that much, i have been saving and got quite a few things, (the dressing gown is lovely), some of you will probably already know but for those who dont its worth having a look, NESCAFÉ pick-me-ups - turn beans into gifts
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2008, 15:25   #2
God Member

Re: Nescafe pick me ups

I have 2 jars in my cupboard with a total of 4 beans. I have just had a quick look on the site, and the number of beans needed for freebies isn't enormous.
Thanks Jackie - I would never have known about this without your mention of it, because I only read labels on other type foods, not coffee.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 15:53   #3
God Member

Well, if Kenco start doing them, I might be able to get something.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 16:11   #4
Resting in Peace

LOL's .. didn't click onto this properly over Christmas .. was just about to throw an empty away and open a new one, when daughter interrupted and screamed "Don't Mum, you collecting these ? well I am !" and hurriedly tore these little strips off the label, with no further explanation

Just realised through your thread Jacky what she was on about .. the cheeky muppet .. will have to start reading more labels ! They were both 300g jars, so not sure how many beans you get for this size ?

Will have to remember to hide my coffee jars next time she visits ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 16:50   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
LOL's .. didn't click onto this properly over Christmas .. was just about to throw an empty away and open a new one, when daughter interrupted and screamed "Don't Mum, you collecting these ? well I am !" and hurriedly tore these little strips off the label, with no further explanation

Just realised through your thread Jacky what she was on about .. the cheeky muppet .. will have to start reading more labels ! They were both 300g jars, so not sure how many beans you get for this size ?

Will have to remember to hide my coffee jars next time she visits ...
LOL you will have to hide them in future, on the jars you get 1 bean per 100g so your daughter got 6 beans thats alot of beans lol
Old 27-01-2008, 16:57   #6
God Member

Can you get a bean stalk??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 16:57   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
LOL you will have to hide them in future, on the jars you get 1 bean per 100g so your daughter got 6 beans thats alot of beans lol
Will do jacky .. still suppose she could do with a new dressing gown .. but hek ! so could I

Still at least someone getting some use out of them, would have just gone in the bin (sorry, Blue Box) otherwise Wonder if our bin men notice things like this ?
Old 27-01-2008, 17:00   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Will do jacky .. still suppose she could do with a new dressing gown .. but hek ! so could I

Still at least someone getting some use out of them, would have just gone in the bin (sorry, Blue Box) otherwise Wonder if our bin men notice things like this ?
start saving now you can get 2 dressing gowns and give your daughter 1 for her birthday or xmas
Old 27-01-2008, 19:19   #9
Resting in Peace

Anne has done this for ages and has loads of stuff from them
can i make a hint or two here
1) you save the beans and give the me to get accyweb prizes with.
2)you send off for something and give it me as a prize for accyweb
i will give karma in exchange
if you do have some i can have pm me and i will send you my address.
it would save me money having to buy all the prizes i have had a few donations of prizes but not many

Last edited by Mick; 27-01-2008 at 19:24.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 19:26   #10
God Member

coffee HAHAHAHA i dont need a pick me up when i drink it, i only have to sniff the stuff and i'm as high as a kite
Old 27-01-2008, 19:41   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Can you get a bean stalk??
Well, still got the fishnets..

Mick .. get lost.

Flashy .. we know all about your caffeine problems .. as if you need any pick-ups ..
Old 27-01-2008, 19:55   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Mick .. get lost.
Only joking Mick ... x

Realise you have contributed plenty in prizes, and, of course, will send you my beans (after I have got me dressing gown that is !)
Old 27-01-2008, 20:50   #13
Senior Member+

well i never thought people collected em! if id of known mum would have had plenty more! i will save them for you dad from now on!. x
Old 27-01-2008, 22:20   #14
Senior Member+

you also get a magazine through the post (free) with a spare card on the back so you can collect more beans, also when your reward arrives you get more saving cards, just a note the dressing gowns only come in small & large and white only, the large isnt all that large also the towel and slipper set the slippers are also in small & large the large would fit no bigger than a size 7, they have now just added some electric kitchen scales for 15 beans, thats next on my list
Old 28-01-2008, 08:45   #15
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i remember doing this with fags years ago

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..