Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   new bt call plan for those on benefits.. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/new-bt-call-plan-for-those-on-benefits-43418.html)

emamum 22-10-2008 10:17

new bt call plan for those on benefits..

http://www.btplc.com/inclusion/phone...vices/btbasic/

Quote:

The new service is called BT Basic. We created it to help customers who receive Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Guaranteed Pension Credit to budget their money.

The BT Basic line rental is only £13.50 every three months (including VAT), and you can pay your bill however you like.
Your line rental includes a call allowance of £4.50 every three months (this includes VAT). This means that if your phone calls to normal UK or international destinations never go over that amount, your bill will never be more than £13.50 every three months (including VAT).

jaysay 22-10-2008 16:20

Re: new bt call plan for those on benefits..

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 643554)

Sounds good to me ema, but I've just signed up to total Broadband, drat

panther 22-10-2008 18:08

And what about those, who are not on benefit?
Just cuz they work dont mean they are rich!, they could be getting just as much as those on benefit (after they have paid morgage or rent and tax etc...), but are not entitled because they have just a few pound more!!

:( :(

Neil 22-10-2008 18:59

Is this another prejudiced scheme against the people that keep this country running?

flashy 22-10-2008 19:12

just another excuse for people to stay on benefits then, pathetic

K-P 22-10-2008 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 643737)
just another excuse for people to stay on benefits then, pathetic

I think disabled and pensioners surviving on benefits should get things cheap.

flashy 22-10-2008 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 643749)
I think disabled and pensioners surviving on benefits should get things cheap.

yes cos they deserve it

Lilly 22-10-2008 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 643734)
Is this another prejudiced scheme against the people that keep this country running?

Yes.

Neil 22-10-2008 21:47

Did I ask a leading question again?

Bonnyboy 22-10-2008 22:33

Sod all for carers as per.

flashy 23-10-2008 07:00

i'm just coming off benefits, if i was still on them i wouldnt lower myself to ask for this new 'package' it would make me feel lower than low, there's scrounging off the state and then there's lowering yourself to scrounge for more

emzy 23-10-2008 07:20

Hmmm, was wondering about this, but then again, dont want to be labelled as scum for going for it :rolleyes: I currently pay standard line rental for BT and as with everyone else, every little helps but do think that if they are starting to do a reduced rate then this should cover more benefits / low incomes and not just JSA or IS

lancsdave 23-10-2008 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 643847)
Hmmm, was wondering about this, but then again, dont want to be labelled as scum for going for it :rolleyes:

I think getting about £1.50 a week off your phone line rental doesn't qualifiy anybody as scum.

onlyme 23-10-2008 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 643845)
i'm just coming off benefits, if i was still on them i wouldnt lower myself to ask for this new 'package' it would make me feel lower than low, there's scrounging off the state and then there's lowering yourself to scrounge for more

With the greatest of respect, having claimed for a number of years, you more than most should appreciate the need to save every penny you can. I have worked for the last 16 years and only in the last 6 months had to claim benefits. I dont see myself as scum or subservient to any person working.

Yet again, I am disgusted with the way people claiming benefits are branded as scum of the earth that should not be entitled to any sort of help whatsoever. Maybes I should submit my P60's for your acceptance to justify the extra help???

K-P 23-10-2008 08:52

OK I must have missed summat again... when did anyone label anyone as scum ?