Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   Bridesmaid failing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/bridesmaid-failing-58621.html)

kittylin 21-07-2011 03:25

Bridesmaid failing

HELP!

I need anyones help...i have the worst bridesmaids. One is my sister and the other my sister in -law to be and so far they both have to be the most hopeless bridesmaids in history. Neither of them help and are taking my wedding seriously which now means i am left to do all the planning on my own.
I am fed up and not sure on how to go about changing the situation.

Any advice is appreciated.

MargaretR 21-07-2011 06:53

Re: Bridesmaid failing

Bridesmaids shouldn't be expected to help- they never were.
If you can't manage to organise a wedding yourself, you aren't ready to be a wife.

Margaret Pilkington 21-07-2011 07:26

The other thing you have to bear in mind is :- if you consider them to be such useless bridesmaids, why would you want them to help organise anything........you wouldn't trust them, and if you did and things went wrong, your big day would end in tears.

Organising a wedding isn't that difficult.
Make yourself a list. Work through it systematically. And remember the saying....If you want something doing well....you'd best do it yourself.
Good Luck.

Neil 21-07-2011 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 920405)
Bridesmaids shouldn't be expected to help- they never were.
If you can't manage to organise a wedding yourself, you aren't ready to be a wife.

Thats your opinion but I am sure lots of bridesmaids do help out

emamum 21-07-2011 07:40

my bridesmaids were 2,11 and 18, the 18 year olds at uni so she was busy, she was good for taking shopping tho lol

my mum and mother in law were more help (trying to take over) are yours able to help?

cashman 21-07-2011 07:48

my advice is grow up,it aint their job,

jaysay 21-07-2011 08:39

Me thinks your not ready for the big wide world that marriage will bring

steve2qec 21-07-2011 08:56

If you need a couple of replacement bridesmaids I volunteer Jaysay & Cashman!!!

david1 21-07-2011 09:03

Don't get married , Problem solved .

Margaret Pilkington 21-07-2011 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 920407)
Thats your opinion but I am sure lots of bridesmaids do help out

Some bridesmaids might help out because they want to....and also they might just know what they are doing......but it isn't in the remit of a bridesmaid to be required to help out with the organisation of the wedding.

A bridesmaid may have duties on the actual day....helping the bride to get into her gown, looking after younger bridesmaids, looking after the flowers.....but the actual organisation........No. It is usual for the bride and her mother who do this part of the organisation.

I like David's suggestion.

cashman 21-07-2011 10:06

this persons profile says "Male" methinks its either a wind up,or a pre-curser to a spammer.:rolleyes: note time it was posted.

jaysay 21-07-2011 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 920452)
this persons profile says "Male" methinks its either a wind up,or a pre-curser to a spammer.:rolleyes: note time it was posted.

They've to get up early in the morning to pull the wool over your eyes cashy, you could be right could be a precursor for a spammer, just tempting the water:rolleyes:

Neil 21-07-2011 11:21

If your bridesmaids are your close friends I would expect them to want to help and for the bride to want them to help. If bridesmaids are just family members you feel you should ask to be bridesmaids then the bride probably wont want their help anyway.

cashman 21-07-2011 11:24

I don't believe a word of it.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 21-07-2011 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 920452)

When you set up an account, isn't Male the default profile?
It may just be that she hasn't changed the default.......I don't get why a spammer would go to the trouble of a fictitious story.....surely they would not waste any time, and just hit with the spam.