Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes
  • 2 Post By davemac
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2012, 19:02   #1

advice

my landlord has been receiving housing benefit, it got suspended as my benefits have stopped i only got the letter the other day i went into the office to speak with him he was really nice and lowered the rent on the basis he gets the tax credit the housing benefit and the top up of 70.00 per week however when i got home and worked it out i am paying more as he lowered the rent to 120 per week instead of 184.63, in total he is asking for 190.00 i tried calling him to discuss he got verbal with me, now he said i am getting a section 8 served but i am not 2 months behind.

i have tried calling him he wont answer, he relays all messages through the woman that runs the site who also works for him full time.

I dont want to move but he wont discuss the money and i dont know what my rights are i have all this in writing and it really doesn't make sense, the lady that runs the site even went through the maths and he wont listen to her what should i do ?
angelspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2012, 20:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: advice

Go and get advice from the Citizens advice bureau, they may be able to negotiate on your behalf, also they will assist with benefits advice. Its on Paradise Street, Accrington
DtheP47 and angelspark like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 00:11   #3

at least 8 weeks rent must be in arreas but advice is go to C A B

by Site Admin
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 02:18   #4
Super Moderator

Give 'em a ring first thing:

Hyndburn Citizens Advice Bureau
Old 30-11-2012, 07:34   #5
Senior Member+

im confused... how much is your rent? how big is your house? what was your rent before he dropped it?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 19:25   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelspark View Post
my landlord has been receiving housing benefit,

Be nice to know if there was resolution and happy ending to your request for help angelspark?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 22:51   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Be nice to know if there was resolution and happy ending to your request for help angelspark?
Maybe, but don't hold your breath; the thread starter hasn't been on since 30 November.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 08:26   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Maybe, but don't hold your breath; the thread starter hasn't been on since 30 November.
No wonder really Michael, dont know what the collective noun for trolls is but the way they hit on her right from the get go when she was asking for help was despicable. All those posts were eventually redacted and rightly so.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 09:43   #9
Beacon of light

Well, I wouldn't have put it quite so bluntly, but yes, she did receive an unhelpful approach.
Now whether that was because in her worried state she didn't give enough information, or whether it was because the place had been previously plagued with 'bogus' posters...who can say.

Maybe it was a mixture of both things.
Perhaps seeing as she hasn't been back we have to think she is sorted.
I sincerely hope so..there were one or two of the Accyweb members who gave appropriate advice.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..