Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2007, 08:56   #1
God Member

Aerial boosters

one has a problem...

I have 1 aerial going into my house, that goes directly into the freeview downstairs,then i have an aerial splitter which then takes it upto my bedroom freeview box, i need to get it from my bedroom freeview into Reece's freeview in his bedroom but i cant use another splitter, do i buy an aerial booster?? if so do i get a 2 way or a 3 way one? do i put the booster in my bedroom running from my box into Reece's room or do i put it on the original aerial downstairs?

this one?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5346147.htm

or this one?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5346154.htm

i aint bothered about the price

help pleeeeeease
Old 26-04-2007, 08:58   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Aerial boosters

We solve it by having two aerials - yes I know, we're greedy!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 08:59   #3
God Member

lol i know i know....but i'm trying to save paying another £45
Old 26-04-2007, 09:00   #4
Senior Member+

We dont have an aerial we have a dish
Old 26-04-2007, 09:03   #5
God Member

lol well i have boxes

ya spoon
Old 26-04-2007, 09:05   #6
Senior Member+

[quote=flashytart;415797]lol well i have boxes [/quoteWhats cricket got to do with the conversation???????
Old 26-04-2007, 09:06   #7
God Member

[quote=mthead;415800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol well i have boxes [/quoteWhats cricket got to do with the conversation???????

hahahahaha
Old 26-04-2007, 09:29   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post

i aint bothered about the price

help pleeeeeease
Get a second cable installed from the one aerial using a masthead amp/splitter box. This is the 'proper' way to do it

If you do decide to get an amp and do it that way be aware that you can have 'too much' signal just as easily as you can have too little. also remember that amps also amplify any noise/interference so if its a crap signal to start with they rarely make it much better (3dB is a usual figure).

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 09:30   #9
God Member

ta for that Ian...i have another cable coming from the original already (got a three way splitter) the signal is pretty darn good round here too
Old 26-04-2007, 11:23   #10
God Member

If you want to try a signal booster 1st - I will give you one, hardly used because got Sky soon after I bought it. It didn't work because I am on a communal ariel shared by more than a dozen flats. Might work for you -worth a try? (send private message for phone # if you want to collect.)
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 15:06   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Get a second cable installed from the one aerial using a masthead amp/splitter box. This is the 'proper' way to do it
You you are going on the roof to add amps ect you might find it easier just to add another aerial. I personally run my aerial into my skybox. Out the seconf RF out into a powered splitter and off to the other 4 TV's. That way you can watch sky in the other rooms (only same sky channel of course)
It will be different when I get around to putting some more skyboxes the house.
Old 26-04-2007, 15:54   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If you want to try a signal booster 1st - I will give you one, hardly used because got Sky soon after I bought it. It didn't work because I am on a communal ariel shared by more than a dozen flats. Might work for you -worth a try? (send private message for phone # if you want to collect.)

oh Margaret i was out when you put this up, ive just been to buy one thanx anyway
Old 26-04-2007, 19:37   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I personally run my aerial into my skybox. Out the seconf RF out into a powered splitter and off to the other 4 TV's.
when we had a brand new aerial at MILs in order to get freeview we found a very strange thing. plugged directly into the TV we got a 90% signal in freeview, through the video it dropped to 85%, the second it went through the Sky box it went to zero! I even tried turning off teh DC output that powers a remote eye.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 19:38   #14
God Member

ok i've sorted it now...i bought a booster and plugged everything into it and most things are working OK so far cheers you lot xx
Old 26-04-2007, 19:52   #15

hi there iam glad you have got it sorted mine gose off now and again so i re-scan it ,good luck
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..