Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 20:39   #16
Senior Member+

Re: beware of bank fruad in accy

My bank sends me emails to advise when I have any paperfree documents to view (letters, statements etc) I am sure that someone can back me up on this as I wont be the only person to receive these.

So yes they do send you emails, but dont ask you to log in via a link
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2009, 20:45   #17
God Member

i bank online all the time and i can get a statement up whenever i feel the need to, i'm not saying you are wrong but i just find it odd
Old 04-03-2009, 21:03   #18
Senior Member+

I can get the statements up whenever, but get notifications. Am guessing this isnt standard procedure with all bank but I know that Halifax do notify you when there is a new document to be viewed
Old 04-03-2009, 21:21   #19
Beacon of light

I get e-mails from my bank, but only to my internet banking page........the bank will never send you e-mails to any other e-mail address and will never ever ask you for your bank details to be confirmed.....if you are asked to confirm your details DON'T DO it and report it to your bank as Phishing.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 22:47   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I can get the statements up whenever, but get notifications. Am guessing this isnt standard procedure with all bank but I know that Halifax do notify you when there is a new document to be viewed
I'll go along with that...I get notifications from the Halifax.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:26   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I'll go along with that...I get notifications from the Halifax.
Am glad it wasnt just me going mad then, I knew I got them from the bank lol
Old 05-03-2009, 06:55   #22
God Member

maybe its a Halifax thing then
Old 05-03-2009, 15:49   #23

No its not just Halifax, I get them as well from my bank.

I did actually have an email from a bank today, looked really quite genuine, said my account security had been breached and to log in using the link. Pressed the link to see what happened, and it took me to the homepage of my online banking, was exactly the same as normal, even had a warning about phishing email. Only probloem was the http address was completely incorrect. Very cleverly done though.

Although banks do send emails, never EVER log into your account using an embedded link from the email
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 15:54   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
No its not just Halifax, I get them as well from my bank.

I did actually have an email from a bank today, looked really quite genuine, said my account security had been breached and to log in using the link. Pressed the link to see what happened, and it took me to the homepage of my online banking, was exactly the same as normal, even had a warning about phishing email. Only probloem was the http address was completely incorrect. Very cleverly done though.

Although banks do send emails, never EVER log into your account using an embedded link from the email
Now that you have opened it and clicked on that link they will know that you did - expect to be inundated with the same sort of spam - they now think that you are almost a sucker

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 16:28   #25
Resting in Peace

When I've passed through my security fazes to access my account, quite often there will be a message saying we never send emails asking to confirm your bank details
Old 05-03-2009, 18:00   #26
God Member

run the mouse pointer over the link and it will reveal the HTTP address but dont click on it. Same applies to all links.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 23:07   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
My bank sends me emails to advise when I have any paperfree documents to view (letters, statements etc) I am sure that someone can back me up on this as I wont be the only person to receive these.

So yes they do send you emails, but dont ask you to log in via a link
My bank also sends me emails telling me when I have paperfree documents to view and also if I change any details concerning my account.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bank'fruad'money'warning

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..