Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 19:42   #16
God Member

Re: Bloated

Gayle, i dont know if it was period pains though, i have just missed my last period (i'm never regular) it was supposed to start 10 days ago but never did, i always get ovulating pains, but this time it just didnt come
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2008, 10:12   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
lol thanx Derek, but i'll never keep my gob shut, you should know that by now

Margaret i'm going to go to the docs on Monday
That could just be the problem flashy, your taking in to much air
Old 06-12-2008, 10:28   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That could just be the problem flashy, your taking in to much air

Old 06-12-2008, 11:05   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I got up yesterday and had really bad pains in my tummy, these pains are like slight labour contractions, they come every 10/15 minutes (no i'm not pregnant) they have me doubled up in agony when they come

at the moment my tummy looks like i'm about 7 months pregnant, i'm so bloated and its really uncomfortable

yesterday i took anadin, paracetamol, ibuprofen and co-codamol and nothing eased it

can anyone please give me any tips on what i can take so that i wont be so bloated? i have a 21st to go to tomorrow night and i dont wanna go looking any fatter than i already am
Anadin, ibuprofen and co-codamol are likely to make it worse if it's your stomach. If you're bloated with air then there are charcoal tablets you can get from health stores like Holland and Barretts, which can help. But as ever, see a doctor.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:17   #20
God Member

I agree that anadin, and ibuprofen are bad for stomach ailments, as are aspirin, I personally never had any problem with co-codamol.
Old 07-12-2008, 19:24   #21
Passed away 25-11-09

There's a great product called Wind-eze that you can get from chemists. I've had horrendous pain from trapped wind in the past, quite convinced it was either my appendix or a perforated bowel, but a couple of Wind-eze tablets shifted it. Oh and it's not an "embarrassing" cure either. There's no noise and no smell.
Old 07-12-2008, 22:04   #22
Senior Member+

Colpermin , peppermint oil capsules work well if you have griping pains and bloating.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55   #23
God Member

i feel a lot better now, someone said the other day that it could be IBS, i thought it was a load of bull......until Saturday morning, i'd been fine Friday night, then i shouted at Reece for something on Saturday and i started with the pains again, i didnt think stress could cause your tummy to contract like that

anyway, i've tried to keep myself calm since, and i've been ok...thanx you lot, you came through for me yet again, you all should really get an award

« Aftershave | Roofer »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..