Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 17:16   #1

Talking Botox

I am considering having Botos to rid myself of the little line I have appearing round my eyes, has anyone had this procedure, does it hurt and is it worth it, I dont want a frozen face so was cosidering 1 vial (is that right ) of the stuff but on two areas eyes and somewhere else not sure maybe forehead

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2008, 17:25   #2
God Member

Re: Botox

Waste of money, i wouldn`t have it but then again i don`t need it........!!! lol injections aren`t for softies like me.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 17:30   #3
God Member

There is an article in The Mail today
The nip-tuck stitch up: Could cosmetic surgery actually SPEED UP the ageing process? | Mail Online
It seems that after the initial youthful result, the treated skin ages faster than normal

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 17:38   #4

really interesting article would never have drastic surgery my worse fear is being put to sleep and not waking up or waking up dead ooohhh doesnt say a lot about botox though

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
Old 11-08-2008, 17:40   #5
Senior Member+

I dont like the idea of paying someone to inject poison into me.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 17:42   #6
God Member

Botox: The brain pain - Health News, Health & Wellbeing - The Independent
Read this one then
hoping to put you off

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 17:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
mmm makes interesting reading,

Old 11-08-2008, 17:50   #8
Give, give, give member

It was reported recently that Lulu, after raving about initial treatments, isn't having anymore Botox.

Probably because she is now unable to Shout.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 18:09   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It was reported recently that Lulu, after raving about initial treatments, isn't having anymore Botox.

Probably because she is now unable to Shout.
Pmsl....like it
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 18:20   #10
God Member

Havn't had this but have considered it, one of my friends has it done every 3 to 4 months just on frown lines on her forehead because its only in a small area she still looks very natural. Dont think there's anything worse than people whose faces dont move because of it, dont think any surgery should be too obvious, also your lines are part of who you are embrace them.
Old 11-08-2008, 18:22   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Havn't had this but have considered it, one of my friends has it done every 3 to 4 months just on frown lines on her forehead because its only in a small area she still looks very natural. Dont think there's anything worse than people whose faces dont move because of it, dont think any surgery should be too obvious, also your lines are part of who you are embrace them.
I only want it in a small area don't want a frozen face

Old 11-08-2008, 18:29   #12
God Member

Yeah, dont think its so bad in small areas, think it will hurt a bit though, no pain no gain!
Old 11-08-2008, 18:42   #13

dont mind a bit of pain

Old 11-08-2008, 20:21   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibi View Post
waking up dead
Old 11-08-2008, 20:45   #15
Senior Member+

oh dear lol

Why Botox? >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance

Quote:
There are medical reasons which Botox is necessary for. There have been studies that have proved that Botox has been rather effective in treating patients suffering from Cerebral Palsy, controlling muscle stiffness allowing then to have smoother control of their muscles and movement. It was originally approved to treat two eye muscle disorders, Blepharospasm and Strabismus and subsequent to that it was approved for treating Cervical Dystonia.
thats pretty interesting

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..