Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2006, 09:46   #1

Candle Wax

Anybody know the best way of removing candle wax from clothes? My husband has managed to get it on a jacket and a jumper.

Thanks

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2006, 09:48   #2
God Member

Re: Candle Wax

right this may or may not work,ive never tried it but you could try putting it in the dryer,heating the wax up then it might melt off
Old 25-11-2006, 09:50   #3
Senior Member+

Wont it just peel off?or are we talking copius amounts?
i used to iron wax when it got all over my furniture(dont ask hehe)-works a treat but not sure about fabric.sorry cannot be more help

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 09:52   #4
I am Banned

stick it in the washer or soak the area with warm/hot water to soften & wipe away, had same prob yesterday with birthday candles lol
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 10:03   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
Wont it just peel off?or are we talking copius amounts?
i used to iron wax when it got all over my furniture(dont ask hehe)-works a treat but not sure about fabric.sorry cannot be more help

you could even try turning the garment inside out and ironing it like miss kitty said
Old 25-11-2006, 12:27   #6
God Member

I heard that ironing it over brown paper usually does the trick

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 12:55   #7
Resident Waffler

Iron over something absorbent like Harwood Red says, blotting paper, coarse brown wrapping paper. Do it over and over again until it all come out.

If there are pick-offable lumps pick those off first.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 17:21   #8
Senior Member+

Putting the dull side of some brown paper over the wax and then ironing it works a treat

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 20:30   #9
Senior Member+

Slightly melt the wax, put a wick init and light. Problem solved, you get rid of the wax and your hubby at the same time
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 20:39   #10
Beacon of light

If you haven't got this problem licked by now...you might want to try this method.........rub over the wax with an Ice cube....pick off as much as you can........then using a warm iron, place brown papar or good quality kitchen paper over the offending wax and it should take most of the wax out......then wash as normal.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 23:57   #11
God Member

put it in the freezer til it sets really hard and then the bits should just break/snap away , heating it up melts the wax into the fibers
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:25   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Slightly melt the wax, put a wick init and light. Problem solved, you get rid of the wax and your hubby at the same time
What a brilliant idea jimmi, wonder if insurance would pay out on hubbies death.

For all the suggestions of peeling the wax of didn't want to go down that road, has i'd just got my nails done last weekend. But thanks.

Seriously though thanks for all your replies, problem sorted. Hadn't actually seen the jacket when i posted the query because husband was still in Holland. When i did see the jacket it was one that i never liked anyway, so just put it in the washer on a 60 wash with a couldn't care less atitude and hey presto no more wax. Didn't think it would be that easy.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..