Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2008, 10:01   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Condensation??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I get condensation in the bedroom (I sleep alone)
I open the window wide after drawing back the curtains.
It clears within an hour, and if you shut the door whilst the window is open you dont lose much heat from the rest of the house.

I open other windows for a short time in the middle of the day.
Fresh air is as important as warmth
Thats exactly what I do Margaret, and your spot on about fresh air, I often, in all weathers, lean on the window sill and take deep breathes a few times a day, blows the cobwebs away
Old 29-10-2008, 10:35   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thats exactly what I do Margaret, and your spot on about fresh air, I often, in all weathers, lean on the window sill and take deep breathes a few times a day, blows the cobwebs away
lol do you not go out ?
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 10:42   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
lol do you not go out ?
Jaysay has severe medical problems which restrict him to his home for most of the time.

I am the same to a much lesser extent.
When you get old the risk of heart attack and strokes increases when the temperature drops. It is something to do with blood thickening.

I am not instructed to stay in but only go out in winter for unavoidable reasons (doc, chiropody etc), and when being within 4 walls ' gets to me'
I am fortunate to have lovely views from my windows and a pc to chat on.

PS read this week that persons with COPD are to be given email warnings to stay in when low temperatures are forecast

Last edited by MargaretR; 29-10-2008 at 10:49.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 10:52   #19
I am Banned

OO that has just made me think of the thread a while back - about what you imagine people to look like. I honestly thought that Jaysay was a young man in his 30's.
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 14:50   #20
God Member

The washing up liquid/shampoo works, and the polythene stuff that you tape on and heat to stretch used to be available in b and q.
Old 29-10-2008, 17:11   #21
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

might give the washing up stuff a go someday, will try it on the smallest window

Ill tell ya then if it works
Old 29-10-2008, 19:52   #22
I am Banned

The fact that you have condensation on your widows is due to the moisture content in the air. None of the anti mist products work successfully, the cling film type double glazing isnt fool proof, moisture does get behind, then you have to take it down to clean it up.

The only real answer is a dehumidifier, I have two one in the kitchen and one leading to the bathroom, the big one in the kitchen is over 20 years old, holds 12 pints, and gets emptied every 10 days, without it the walls would be wet thro, you'd be surprised how much moisture come from cooking and washing, even burning gas, produces moisture. Also when the central heating is off, condensation starts as the rooms cool down.
You will also notice that the rooms feel warmer, when a dehumidifier removes the moist air.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 09:59   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
lol do you not go out ?
Rather hard when your conected to an oxygen machine 16 hours a day
Old 30-10-2008, 10:01   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
OO that has just made me think of the thread a while back - about what you imagine people to look like. I honestly thought that Jaysay was a young man in his 30's.
Well I do look young for my age keetah, but not that youngI once thought katex was a fun loving, vibrant go getting 35 year old, then I found out she was a fun loving vibrant go getting 65 year old that only looks 35

Last edited by jaysay; 30-10-2008 at 10:06.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..