Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2007, 16:23   #1
God Member

dry hair

ok without being obnoxious does anyone know any good tips for moisturising your hair? i use pantene perfect curls shampoo n conditioner but ive been using it for that many years its stopped working and doesnt moisturise my hair anymore, other shampoo's n conditioners dont work either, tried vo5 hot oils and henna conditioner too...
my hair is very dry at the moment its driving me mad

any tips on household items i could use??

or anything you could recommend?

cheers
Old 20-03-2007, 17:11   #2
I am Banned

Re: dry hair

water.........
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 17:43   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

you have long curly hair, like me?
i use frizz ease serum brings me curls out all nice and shiny, and Almost frizz free!
Old 20-03-2007, 17:46   #4
God Member

i used to have long hair panther, now its shoulder length, i already use a frizz serum by schwarzkopf, that goes on after ive washed my hair, but that just makes it hard to brush when its wet, i cant go anywhere without using that cos my hairs a total mess
Old 20-03-2007, 17:55   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

tried the schwarzkopf one, didnt do out for me, try the john freda frizz ease its expensive but it does work, you put it on the same way. if you dont want to shell out that get the sachets instead to try!
the shampoo i like is dove too, and pantene
years ago i used to use V05 for curly hair in a gel and that was good but cant find it anywhere now, think it was called pumping curls, not sure though.
Old 20-03-2007, 17:59   #6
God Member

the pantene shampoo and conditioner used to work a treat on my hair....i used perfect curls but as i said ive used it for that long now, it doesnt work, i try and avoid straightening it if i can (to chavs amusement)....i cut it all off cos i had a loada split ends, nevermind the rate my hair grows it'll be half way down my back by july
Old 20-03-2007, 18:06   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

mines take ages to grow, grows <<<<<<< outwards >>>>>>>>....lol
Old 20-03-2007, 18:08   #8
God Member

lol i know what ya mean, we both need taming
Old 20-03-2007, 19:20   #9
Resident Waffler

I use Melaleuca hair product (well I use Melaleuca allsorts) and they do a deep conditioning therapy. It should be £9.49 but I can get it for £6.49. You can only buy it from an agent though, it's not on sale in shops. If anybody ever wants to try any of their stuff I'll get it for you at pc (cost) price.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 19:23   #10
God Member

Aussie Miracle leave in conditioner is good.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 19:24   #11
God Member

Brylcreem

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 20:10   #12
Beacon of light

olive oil......warmed and applied to all of the hair.....then wrap in cling film and leave in overnight. Shampoo you hair as normal the following morning....and you should find that this gives you silky locks.
I know it is an imbuggerance to have to leave it overnight, but that works best....if you can't bear to do that then leave the oil on your hair for a minimum of two hours.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 20:13   #13
God Member

I use Andrew Collinge stuff.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 20:22   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
olive oil......warmed and applied to all of the hair.....then wrap in cling film and leave in overnight. Shampoo you hair as normal the following morning....and you should find that this gives you silky locks.
I know it is an imbuggerance to have to leave it overnight, but that works best....if you can't bear to do that then leave the oil on your hair for a minimum of two hours.

that sounds really good actually margaret, i shall buy some olive oil on thursday when i go to town thankyou
Old 20-03-2007, 20:50   #15
Beacon of light

I hope you find the results worth the effort.
When my hair was long I used to give it this treatment about every six or eight weeks and was rewarded by lovely glossy hair.......you know just like they show on all those tv adverts. I never used the chemical type conditioners.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..