Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2006, 21:53   #1
God Member

gardening help

It's that time of year again - get the garden ready for summer. I got a problem though. I've got a pile of moss growing in the garden - in the grass in fact i would say its 50% grass if im lucky 50% moss. Anyone know an easy way to get rid of it besides raking it out - tried that today and havent got the energy to do the whole garden or returfing it - garden is too big to returf.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2006, 23:01   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: gardening help

You can buy lawn food with moss killer in, but I'm afraid a good raking is the best option.

Make sure you sweep as much of it up as you can when you've done it, because any left will start to grow again when it next rains.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 15:06   #3
Junior Member+

iv just had the same problem the next few steps are tryed and tested by myself and it works.... but you need to put some work in yourself ..... 1. rake out all moss . 2. rake the area that you demossed, then rake again leaving rake markes in ground about 3inches in depth. 3. now scatter your new grass seeds. 4. cover new grass seeds with a good compost multi perpose is fine. 5. let grass seeds grow then do your first cut. 6.after first cut fork your whole lawn go to the depth of the fork. 7. get some sharp sand and pile it in the middle of your lawn, now work from the center and brush sharp sand over the whole of your lawn. the sharp sand workes as drainage, as your lawn is too wet and damp.... its hard work but worth it.
fluffydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 15:20   #4
I am Banned

Or do what i do & give up my excuse is im keeping it as a nature reserve au-naturel garden PMSL!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..