Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2007, 19:26   #1
Senior Member+

gift wrapping at asda

go and buy your big and wierd shaped christmas presents from asda cos someone will wrap them for free!! i bought a tv/dvd from there today and she wrapped it, you can have 3 things wrapped if you have areciept for that day... lol, she said it was the biggest thing she had wrapped

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-12-2007, 19:44   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: gift wrapping at asda

Lol emamum .. was in Man. on Saturday and, in the Arndale, had a free present wrapping service .. there was a loooooooong queue and the 'wrappers' were smartly dressed to match the paper they were using. Hate wrapping presents, what a boring job ..

People there had all shapes and sizes, would have loved to have hung around for a while to see how they coped.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 19:48   #3
God Member

ahhhhhhhh Kate, i was in the Arndale in Manchester a week ago and they where doing the same thing, you where supposed to have proof that you bought the pressie from the arndale, so what does Shanida go and do, i asked them to wrap a bail of towels i'd bought from primark...and they did, the doofus that was wrapping them didnt have a clue how to wrap towels till i told him how to lol
Old 13-12-2007, 19:50   #4
God Member

i wonder if they get paid more for wrapping at asda or is it more exploitation of workers.......bah humbug
Old 13-12-2007, 19:57   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
ahhhhhhhh Kate, i was in the Arndale in Manchester a week ago and they where doing the same thing, you where supposed to have proof that you bought the pressie from the arndale, so what does Shanida go and do, i asked them to wrap a bail of towels i'd bought from primark...and they did, the doofus that was wrapping them didnt have a clue how to wrap towels till i told him how to lol
Well, grandaughter and myself did ponder whether they had to take a Degree in 'Wrapping Christmas Presents' .. obviously not then !!
Old 13-12-2007, 20:00   #6
God Member

nah he was crap at it
Old 13-12-2007, 20:01   #7
Senior Member+

the girl at asda was brill, really friendly and the present looks great....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2007, 19:59   #8
Senior Member+

Anyone watch the christmas present wrapping scam shown on 'the real hustle' clip on the programme 'something for the weekend' this morning?

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2007, 22:27   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
Anyone watch the christmas present wrapping scam shown on 'the real hustle' clip on the programme 'something for the weekend' this morning?
No, what did it say?
Old 17-12-2007, 09:48   #10
Senior Member+

They set up a stall in a shopping centre offering free gift wrapping,you leave
the pressie and get a token and get told to come back in 20 mins,they weigh the box,take the item out,fill it with stuff eg satsumas,potatoes and straw (to pad it out so it doesnt rattle) weighing the right amount,then wrap the box,you come back in 20 mins and collect a pressie all nicely wrapped.....come christmas day someone opens a lovely wrapped box of satsumas or whatever....by then the scammer has long gone and theres nowt you can do

Old 17-12-2007, 09:51   #11
Senior Member+

Yeah seen it before,on the actual program, its good that they show u things like that so then u dont get scamed
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 20:53   #12
God Member

Quote:
the pressie and get a token and get told to come back in 20 mins,they weigh the box,take the item out,fill it with stuff eg satsumas,potatoes and straw (to pad it out so it doesnt rattle) weighing the right amount,then wrap the box,you come back in 20 mins and collect a pressie all nicely wrapped.....come christmas day someone opens a lovely wrapped box of satsumas or whatever....by then the scammer has long gone and theres nowt you can do
Oh God! You'd be horrified, wouldn't you?
Old 17-12-2007, 22:36   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Good post Miss Kitty ... never would have thought about that one .. too naive I guess .
Old 18-12-2007, 12:22   #14
Senior Member+

I wouldn't have thought about it either before i watched the clip....horrible....to think if kiddies open presents and find satsumas instead of toys

Old 18-12-2007, 12:39   #15

it gets me . the real hustle... its actually giving people ideas how to scam people.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..