Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2006, 21:52   #1
God Member

Help needed!

Don't know if this is in the right thread or not but here goes if its not it'll be moved!

My niece's daughter had an operation on her hip and is now in a cast from chest to tips of her toes and she needs a car seat for her as she wont fit in the one she has. Does anyone know where she could rent one from. From a reputable place please. She will hopefully will only need it till April. Her baby is 8 months old. There is only one car seat that is suitable for her with this cast on and its approx £100.

By the way before anyone asks - I cant remember the name she told me but i cant remember.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2006, 23:35   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
By the way before anyone asks - I cant remember the name she told me but i cant remember.
Why not find out, someone on here may have one they don't need anymore.
Old 18-01-2006, 23:46   #3
Member.

Speak to the District Nurse at your Daughters clinic or have a chat with one of the Children’s Wards at the Vic or BRI. Chance’s are that they would have dealt with others who have had similar difficulties.

Quite often they will hold and pass on details of individuals and organisations that would be prepared to loan or lease this type of kit. You might also try the AA, RAC or people like Kwik Fit who often hold kit for short term loan.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 15:36   #4
God Member

The hospital was no help at all. She had more help from the health visitor who gave her a telephone number and they said they dont rent out items or loan out items it was only their Belfast office that did that! Joking I said she should go and stop with our relatives so she had a northern ireland address and then bring it back and after she'd finish with it go back but as shes a bit stressed out at the min i cant tell you her reply - it isn't suitable for a child friendly forum!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 15:43   #5
Member.

Tell her to pm her reply..............

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be more helpful. If I think of out else I'll drop a post in. If you can get hold of the name of the item it might be more helpful. Have you considered a small add in the observer? Someone may have one just lying around waiting to become of use….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 20:42   #6
mez
God Member

Do st, johns ambulance hire equipment out, pm Ber999t see if he can help ......worth a try.
Old 20-01-2006, 18:15   #7

Wonder if it would be worth contacting the local papers to see if they would be willing to run a piece on your request. No harm in trying.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..