Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2008, 13:38   #1

Help...poorly and holidays!

My 10 yr old seems to have caught the bug I had a couple of days ago......he can't go out and play....his mates can't call here...we've exhausted all other things...P.C.. Xbox.. PS2..card games..word games..TV...Music....Clearing Bedrooms...Walking Dog .....any ideas how to keep him ( and me ) sane whilst he's poorly? x
Old 20-02-2008, 13:47   #2
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Re: Help...poorly and holidays!

Reading, painting, drawing or am I being silly.................
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:50   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZY View Post
Reading, painting, drawing or am I being silly.................
Ty Mitzy.....tried the painting and drawing.....but the reading ....just realised his school reading book is in the house TY x
Old 20-02-2008, 13:52   #4
Senior Member+

let him loose in your recyclin box and see what he can make out of it.... sorry, my activities are mostly for under 8's...... iron drawing is pretty good tho, basically melting wax crayons on an iron, ironing it onto paper and trying to make a picture, gets some good results, obviously needs to be supervised

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:57   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
let him loose in your recyclin box and see what he can make out of it.... sorry, my activities are mostly for under 8's...... iron drawing is pretty good tho, basically melting wax crayons on an iron, ironing it onto paper and trying to make a picture, gets some good results, obviously needs to be supervised
Thanx for that Emma....great idea......but......my daughter moved out a few weeks ago and took the iron with her LOL.....he's reading to me for now but only 26 pages
Old 20-02-2008, 14:15   #6

Just done the reading school book ....got to page 18 and zonked ...bless him....he was yawning at page 12....hope he wakes up feeling better
Old 20-02-2008, 15:17   #7

Oh dear...he woke feeling better ...I said u ok to get a bit of fresh air..ie walk to shop.....yep fine Mum!....got to shop.... needed a jug of hot water off shopkeeper to clear path after....note to self : when kids say they feel better give them another 12hrs then believe!
Old 20-02-2008, 16:53   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn-of-the-Shed View Post
Oh dear...he woke feeling better ...I said u ok to get a bit of fresh air..ie walk to shop.....yep fine Mum!....got to shop.... needed a jug of hot water off shopkeeper to clear path after....note to self : when kids say they feel better give them another 12hrs then believe!

he didnt look right when i saw you earlier, bless him, give him a hug from auntie shaz x
Old 23-02-2008, 00:11   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
he didnt look right when i saw you earlier, bless him, give him a hug from auntie shaz x
And now a hug back to Mr R .....do they need to share germs?.....Console games would be perfectly normal !!! x
Old 23-02-2008, 00:19   #10

Im glad hes feeling a lot better, roll on monday hey !! back to school
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 10:52   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarth View Post
Im glad hes feeling a lot better, roll on monday hey !! back to school

Reece is poorly now Em, been up all night with him

cheers wuthy
Old 23-02-2008, 22:51   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Reece is poorly now Em, been up all night with him

cheers wuthy
Ahh bless hope hes ok ?? wish these bugs wud ****** off
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 10:03   #13
God Member

rang nhs direct the other night and they didnt seem too bothered about it, he was hillucinating last night, trying to keep a childs temperature down is a bloody hard job

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..