Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2007, 17:19   #1
Senior Member+

Holiday Advice

Anybody thinking of staying all inclusive at the Crystal Hotel,Bodrum,Turkey for their hols this or any other year......don't bother,it's crap.
Old 29-05-2007, 17:24   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Holiday Advice

I take it you've just been there? Can you tell us anything specific about what was wrong with it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 17:28   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Anybody thinking of staying all inclusive at the Crystal Hotel,Bodrum,Turkey for their hols this or any other year......don't bother,it's crap.

I wouldn't bother with Bodrum at all... It is the worst place in Turkey to holiday, touts don't leave you alone, it had no beach therefore a 10 minute hell ride to Gumbet on the dolmus. Strongbow cost an arm and a leg, everybody in our party got the squits and the hotel never had any bog roll. The only good thing about Bodrum was the Maritime Museum.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 17:35   #4

we went just outside bodrum club kadikale all inclusive own beach it was fantastic didnt need to move off the complex had everything best holiday i have been on
Old 29-05-2007, 17:54   #5
Senior Member+

Food very poor,although i like some foreign food found i could'nt stomach it & the wife lived off soup for 2 days.The drink was wastered down,only Tuborg lager wich iv'e drank over there before(but bottled) this was in pumps & tasted absolutley catHad to drink gin & tonic,might as well just have been tonic as i had 6 before lunch to no effect,though you could taste the gin in the evenings,same applied to all spirits.The nearest town/village was a 40 minute journey in a Dolmus(Turkish bus) so eating/drinking out was a bit inconvenient though cheap.The hotel shop was expensive(taking advantage of its isolated location).Steps & steep inclines everywhere as the hotel was on a hill.Unreliable elevators.Never known a hotel thats had so many injuries among guests.Entertainment absolute garbage as the staff spoke little English & any humour was lost in translation.Didn't get the room we'd booked for when we arrived(always get a balcony as we both smoke) & had to pay for upgrade.There were several guests who said this had happened to them.The staff were friendly & helpful & the room cleaned every day but that was about the only upside.And the weather.We wont be doing all inc. in Turkey again.The hotel was said to be 5*.....maybe to the Turks but more a 2/3* to us Brits.Should'nt moan too much really,i know theres some who are'nt as fortunate to get away as me,but anyone one planning to give this one a miss.Oh yes & theres very little for kids to do.
Old 29-05-2007, 18:45   #6
God Member

Sorry to hear you've had a bad holiday Maxwell, thanks for the tip though.
Old 30-05-2007, 05:50   #7
Resting in Peace

Guess I'll have to steer clear of that part of the Med and maybe head more to Cypress and Crete (in my dreams that is LOL) in realilty will be in the back garden turning over this years project [oh my backs twinging now lol]
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 12:19   #8
God Member

Had a fab all inclusive hol in ovacik in turkey last year...and going back this year

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 18:01   #9

Think Turkey is great, been to quite a number of differant resorts over the years, and i love that area harwood red. Went to Hisaronu last year and for the first time ever going back to the same place twice.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 18:16   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Think Turkey is great, been to quite a number of differant resorts over the years, and i love that area harwood red. Went to Hisaronu last year and for the first time ever going back to the same place twice.
spent some time in hisaronu in fact watch stanley against notts forest in cup in a bar there last year and absolutely love down the road in oludeniz on the slumpy cushions on the beach as the sun goes down...can't wait to go back in August

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 19:11   #11

Quote:
I always go on tripadvisor before i book any hotels. It gives the hotel ranking in the area and real reviews from real people!

voted 77 out of 99 hotels in bodrum, scored an average of 2.0 out of 5.0

Crystal Hotel, Bodrum - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Last edited by The Green Lantern; 08-06-2007 at 19:15.
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 19:22   #12

Just read some of the reviews!! shocking!!
Old 08-06-2007, 19:48   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Lantern View Post
Just read some of the reviews!! shocking!!
Too right,if i'd have read them & known about trip advisor before i went i would'nt have gone.P.S...did you read my review,hotel critic or what?
Old 08-06-2007, 19:53   #14

Quote:
Too right,if i'd have read them & known about trip advisor before i went i would'nt have gone.P.S...did you read my review,hotel critic or what?
Yeah sorry mate i didnt notice your review before. Its unbelievable that this hotel is still up and running!! you should all get compensation!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..