Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2007, 09:16   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It may be cheaper but is it worth it?

As many of you know I hate shopping so I try to attend to this task as infrequently as possible.

The other day as I was falling asleep to a conversation I was earwigging to in the smoking area of my local hostelry a rather high pitched woman was informing the world at large about how much cheaper a certain supermarket was compared to the others in town.

I made a mental note to myself that the next time I was forced to do a shop I would attend this large grocery store, (with any luck I may pick up some cheap ear plugs then I won't be forced to listen to such mundane conversations).

The day arrived I had run out of instant mash and ready meals so off I went to replenish my freezer.

Yes there where plenty of bargains compared to the place I usually attend although not such a wide range of choice. Then I spotted the bargain, cat food, now I have been feeding Cat from little sachets and she has been very happy with them but this cat food was in square foil containers and worked out at almost 5p per pack cheaper than the other stuff so I bought a mixed variety that would last at least a fortnight.

When I got home Cat was hungry as usual and I opened one of the new found delights to put it into her bowl the aroma that came off when I removed the lid was to say the least rather pungent, not to worry I thought I'm sure she'll enjoy it after all it's designed for cats, on placing the bowl before my loving pet she sniffed the contents and ran into the front room giving out a disgusted howl as she fled the scene, well I thought, you are going to have to get used to it there are 14 days supply and you aren't going to grow up fussy. After about three hours of going into the kitchen sniffing her bowl and scowling in my direction she at last started to eat the food.
Over the next few days she seemed to have bowed to the inevitable and having shrugged her shoulders ate what was put before her.

Nature however has a way of getting it's revenge give a cat what it doesn't like and it will get it's own back, Cat did this in her litter tray The resulting stench from her deposits had me running to the back door and throwing it open, I swear none of my days spent on the bog after 15 pints and a hot curry have ever produced anything as foul as what came out of that tiny animal, Thank goodness I still had that air freshener spray my ex left behind when she flew the coop 5 years ago, (I didn't check to see if the can was environmentally friendly if it contained cfc's they couldn't do any more harm to the ozone level than what was lingering in my kitchen). Well, I'm into day five of the fortnight's supply, I'm sure the cat grins whenever she makes her way to the litter tray, yes, she knows the sweetness of revenge! I promise in future I will not, compromise with the cats eating enjoyment and if in future I have to pay an extra 10p per pack she can have the good stuff willingly.

Can Somebody Please, Lend Me A Clothes Peg?

Last edited by Less; 13-09-2007 at 09:19.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2007, 10:51   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: It may be cheaper but is it worth it?

what is this cheap grocery store then?
Old 13-09-2007, 11:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
what is this cheap grocery store then?
I pour my heart out trying with a little imagination to describe a terrible event that has occurred in my life and do I get sympathy? Do I heck as like! All I get asked is to provide free advertising for the supermarket that is the source of my cat and my problems, thanks a lot Panther.
Old 13-09-2007, 11:09   #4
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ahhh....de dums!!!bighug.gif

ya gonna tell us or what?blaaaa.gif
Old 13-09-2007, 11:10   #5
God Member

I have 3 air washing machines which positively remove all smells using no artificial fragrances whatsoever (use essential oil essences)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goodspheren-s.jpg (2.1 KB, 3 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 11:19   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I pour my heart out

Rumour has it you ain't got one so that's a load of rubbish to start with
Old 13-09-2007, 11:26   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Rumour has it you ain't got one so that's a load of rubbish to start with
That's were the little imagination comes in pretending that I have a heart.
Old 13-09-2007, 11:26   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have 3 air washing machines which positively remove all smells using no artificial fragrances whatsoever (use essential oil essences)
And that helps Less How ?? they need to be at less's house so are you offering them to him free with free delivery
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 11:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
ahhh....de dums!!!Attachment 10010

ya gonna tell us or what?Attachment 10011

NO!

With any luck other people will go there and make the same mistake as I have, why should I suffer alone by warning you where to avoid!

Old 13-09-2007, 11:33   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
And that helps Less How ?? they need to be at less's house so are you offering them to him free with free delivery
Available cheap on ebay - I need mine!!! - (as long as I still am addicted to nicotine)
They have various brand names - Goodsphere (dearest), but are also sold under brands - Feng Sui Air Revitaliser and Pureaire (much cheaper)-have one of each and they are all equally as good.

Old 13-09-2007, 11:40   #11
Resting in Peace

Well less as it seams margaret is not going to let you have her air cleaners i can drop these round for the cat if they help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Natural_Cork_Stopper.jpg (17.9 KB, 1 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 11:46   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Feng Sui
Feng Sui???? FENG SUI????

Isn't that the silly female propaganda system used as an excuse to keep the toilet seat down?

Last edited by Less; 13-09-2007 at 11:48.
Old 13-09-2007, 11:57   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Feng Sui???? FENG SUI????

Isn't that the silly female propaganda system used as an excuse to keep the toilet seat down?

Sorry I mispelt it --- Feng Shui ---- I find that works too
My toilet lid and seat are always down (when not in use)

« snoring | No Pics! »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..