Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2006, 19:48   #1
God Member

local charities?

I am looking for suggestions for a local charity to support for the next 12 months and am open to suggestions.

must be local - must be deserving

I personally am aware of the good work that all charities do but would prefer a human interest just because people give more when people are involved than donkeys.

Sorry Accy webbers, dont even think about nominating yourselves!
Old 21-09-2006, 20:01   #2
Beacon of light

Re: local charities?

And there was I going to suggest you offered to fund raise for Redshell stables....'Only Foals and Horses'.......can't think of any local charities with human interest unless you want to devote time to Maundy Grange on Abbey Street.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 21:25   #3
God Member

In what way do you mean 'support'?

Do you mean fund raise or do you mean get involved with the running of?

Ring Hyndburn community network's on 232426 and I'm sure they will be able to point you in the direction of lots of deserving community groups.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 23:20   #4
God Member

Fundraising
Old 21-09-2006, 23:38   #5
God Member

I would go with the north west air ambulance, as they are totally charity funded and you never know when you might need them!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 07:05   #6
Resident Waffler

I support Maundy Grange with proceeds from eBay auctions once a month (apart from the summer when I'm not here) because they are local and a very worthy cause and Dorothy is really sweet.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 07:58   #7
Junior Member+

I used to take funds and old clothes ect to The Hyndburn Christian Stables, a homeless unit on a back street off blackburn road (can't think of the name of the street sorry) it is a good cause for the homeless.
WiseOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 08:00   #8
Resting in Peace

The street your thinking of WiseOwl is Russia st
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 09:32   #9
God Member

I work for a local charity, Sense North, in a residential home in Accrington which cares for 5 deafblind adults. It's the first one of it's kind in our area although we are hoping to have another one in the non too distant future. We have done fund raising ourselves in the past, car boot sales, bucket collection at Stanley etc. but if anyone would like to get involved to fund raise for us we'd be most grateful.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..