Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2006, 18:15   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Loft conversion

hmmmmmmmm yeah wud b nice if u cud have the number for us...

as for time well i've got 9 months to go so far *L*
Old 23-01-2006, 21:16   #17
God Member

Don't forget the electrickery, has to be done by part p registered bod, unless you just have one light n one socket.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2006, 22:20   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Don't forget the electrickery, has to be done by part p registered bod, unless you just have one light n one socket.
the beauty of all the work I had done, is I organised for the plans to be drawn up, contacted andy and he organised all the other trades to do the jobs that needed doing

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:44   #19

iv just getting things moving for a loft conversion planning permission needed with fire escape and all my ceilings be lowered by 18" so complete job ,i have to move out for a month and at a cost of £15k plus rent and removal for a month
Old 10-03-2006, 02:44   #20
Senior Member+

wow... i think i'm gettin a bargain!

i've got a guy who's doin it for 10 and its a huge loft too and i've seen the standard of work he does it to aswell and its top notch all done to plannin permission requirements

our ceilings are gonna b lowered too by the same amount thankfully we have the house next door so its not too far - though i cant b arsed moving all the stuff aswell...

then later on in dec time we're having the cellars converted over too
Old 28-08-2006, 16:55   #21
Senior Member+

Excellent time to let everyone know that I've just started a loft conversion business under a nationwide franchise Pinnacle Lofts. Fir a standard conversion with "proper" staircase no PP is needed but a Building Inspector will need to inspect a)when the floor goes in b)pre plaster & c) for a final completion certificate which will be needed when selling the property.

Be careful when choosing just on price paid as invariably you get what you pay for. (For example a non approved conversion could be only £5,000 but adds no value to your property!)

A good loft conversion company will manage the whole job including all project management & expect to pay £11,000 upwards......

However, when you weigh up the cost of moving home a conversion is very affordable

For more info on my company see www.pinnaclelofts.co.uk

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 08:42   #22

well i got my loft conversion done for £10k + Vat room turned out well and done by roofspace of nelson
did a good job and good lads that did it

did such a good job that my house has sold ,,,to asians due to it being in an asian area of blackburn and having 4 bedrooms,,,didnt even need to put it thru an estate agent,,,and got top dollar to boot even though the rest of the house has been renovated and needs finishing...

all work done to building regulations although planning is not required in blackburn all electrical work and fire alarm done by NIC electrical contractors with fire escape through roof,

any one want a pic of it just ask

roofspace nelson ,,,recommended

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..