Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 11:19   #1

making money

how do you make 400 quid in a few week lol
im in a crisis
Old 06-08-2007, 11:57   #2
I am Banned

Re: making money

Erm if u find out let us all know
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Erm if u find out let us all know

lol will do
Old 06-08-2007, 12:51   #4
Senior Member+

I have an old John Bull Printing Kit knocking around. Might help you make some money?
Old 06-08-2007, 15:02   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen_firth View Post
im in a crisis
Ask Leanne Battersby lol
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 15:31   #6

lilly i was thinking that but i thought i better not abit cheeky to be mentionin that
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 17:12   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Ask Leanne Battersby lol
Four weeks isn't much time to open up an Italian restaurant.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 17:15   #8
God Member

10 ways to make money
If you're looking at ways to supplement your income, here are some options other than working behind a bar or stacking shelves at a supermarket.

1 Police ID parades
Taking part in identity parades is easy money - you just have to stand there - but work is irregular and may depend on your appearance. Many police forces now use video line-ups but you can still get a one-off fee of £10 for being filmed.

Average pay: £10 for the first hour, £5 for every hour after that.
More info: ask at your local police station.

2 TV/film extra
Production companies need people of all shapes and sizes and if you're over 18 but look younger you'll be especially popular, as you can save them the cost of a chaperone for a child actor. Don't expect to meet the stars, though.

Average pay: £80 a day, with bonuses for things like providing your own costume or doing a 'walk-on'. Overtime is paid at around £11 an hour.
More info: there's a list of extras agencies at UK Screen

3 Campus brand manager
All sorts of companies hire students to promote them on campus, from film distributors to sportswear firms. You'll get plenty of opportunities to demonstrate your business acumen, but the work can be time-consuming.

Average pay: £300 a term, though some firms only pay on a commission basis.
More info: look for notices on student job boards.

4 Trading on eBay
'The World's Online Marketplace' has one million registered users in the UK alone so there's bound to be someone who'll pay for anything you have to sell. Start with stuff you don't want (old CDs, clothes, toys) to get a feel for it.

Average pay: the sky's the limit - but unless you're selling something rare or valuable, don't expect to make a fortune.
More info: go to eBay and click on 'eBay explained'.

5 Pose as a life model
You don't have to be beautiful or in particularly great shape but you do have to patient, able to sit still and perhaps not wince at what an artist makes of you. But good models are in demand.

Average pay: from £6 or so an hour clothed, to £7 or so an hour unclothed outside London; a little more in the capital.
More info: contact art colleges and adult education colleges near you.

6 In-store demonstrator
There's lots of work for confident, personable people in supermarkets and department stores. You might be required to show off your ironing skills, hold a food tasting or demonstrate a new kitchen gadget, for example. Hours are often in the evenings or during weekends so can fit around your studies.

Average pay: varies, but can be up to £10 an hour.
More info: search for 'field marketing agencies' on the Internet.

7 Event stewarding
Concerts and sports fixtures employ a small army to help with organisation. The necessary training will be provided on the day but don't view the job as a free ticket. Stewards at football matches, for example, are expected to face the crowd, not watch the game.

Average pay: rates start at £5 an hour; with training you can earn up to £15 an hour.
More info: try Recruit Event Services.

8 Online surveys
To make money completing surveys, all you need is a computer and some opinions. You'll be asked what you think of various products and services, and sometimes be sent things to try out. However, there are scam survey websites so do some research.

Average pay: £3-£50 for each survey, depending on how long it takes. However, you'll have to pay a registration fee (around £20) up front.
More info: UK Paid Surveys rates and reviews the best sites.

9 Mystery shopping
Some men would pay good money not to go shopping, but 'mystery shoppers', on the other hand, get paid instead. It's not just about going to shops but perhaps to restaurants, bars or to stay in a hotel and report on how the customer's being treated. You'll get all the money for your meals, drinks or bills repaid and you may get to keep the shopping, too - unless, of course, it's diamonds.

Average pay: from £6 a visit, but could be as much as £100 a day.
More info: try the Mystery Shopping Agency on 020 8325 8974 or Retail Eyes

10 Internet researcher
You may have grown up taking the Internet for granted but there are plenty of people who aren't familiar with it or are too busy to spend time on it. So if you're skilled at extracting information from a web search, you can hire yourself out as a researcher for people like lawyers and writers.

Average pay: £10 an hour

If that lot isn't enough, loan shark is the only option
Old 06-08-2007, 17:29   #9
Senior Member+

I think you've paid someone to do your homework for you Dave.
Old 06-08-2007, 21:17   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Give yourself a Polish name and pop along to the Job Centre telling them you've just arrived in this country and need money and I'm sure you will get what you need no problem.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:11   #11
God Member

get a second job? even waiting tables/pub @£6/hour(not sure what min wage is but its not that far off that for > 21 year olds is it?), less tax (23% based on full rate tax as a second job) = £4.62. based on three weeks (you said a few) = 87 hours / 3 = 28 hours/week, 8 hours each sat/sun plus 3 nights a week (4 hours each) will get you there legally.

If you have anything you don't REALLY need, you could try selling them, all depends on just how desperate you are. (No-one 'needs' a TV for example)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 17:11   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen_firth View Post
im in a crisis
Best way if you can get on is jury service........just over £600 for a little over 2 weeks last year, and you're only there for about half a day.
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 19:03   #13
Beacon of light

I thought you had to be picked for Jury service....I didn't think you could volunteer yourself......am I wrong on that?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 19:18   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

My mate did jury service this year, you no longer get paid and can only claim expenses such as travel. She received her basic wage from work and that was it, nothing from the jury service.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:22   #15
Resting in Peace

I have done Jury service 6 times now 2 in Preston and 4 in Burnley
Its just with moving round you end up getting picked anyway i have allways only got Travel and expenses and you need all receipts for proof you dont get paid for jury service.
And i dont think you can volunteer yourself you are picked off the electoral roll

Last edited by Mick; 08-08-2007 at 05:25.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..