Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 17:59   #1
Senior Member+

memory card problem

I have a new phone a samsung g600 and wanted to use a memory card that i had on my other phone a nokia 6500 slide, the memory card is from nokia and when i put it on the g600 and go to the files it says not allowed, can someone tell me why?
Thanks
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2008, 20:23   #2
God Member

Re: memory card problem

Posted via Mobile Devicedepending on the type of card does it have a write protect switch? It could also be something as simple as an incompatible file stucture. Generally its better to copy stuff to a pc and format the card in the new phone and then copy back what you want.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 21:01   #3
Senior Member+

yeah i thought so, i need a memory card adaptor though cuz i dont have one but i will look on ebay for that, thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 21:06   #4
Senior Member+

a card reader yol?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:29   #5
Senior Member+

yeah, i need one of them, will look today down town if not the ebay it is
Old 10-10-2008, 09:41   #6
Senior Member+

have a look in the poundshops.. sometimes they have them in and the guy on the market sells them as well..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:45   #7
God Member

Plug the nokia with sd card into pc via usb & can extract the sd card stuff from the card to the pc without need of a card reader.

Some files dont read on other phones as they may on nokia, u need to refer to the samsung handbook with your phone as to what files it does read, i had the same problem as my new phone wont read wma files but reads mp3 so converted wma to mp3 with files taken from card onto pc, & formatted card with new phone then transfered them back corrected. Problem solved

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39   #8
Senior Member+

i dont have the nokia anymore thats why i needed an adapter, i got one and still wont work. Has anyone got a nokia 6500 slide by any chance?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:13   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

What card is it? You should be able to read it in a card reader - might need adapter if it is a small card. My old Nokia used a mini SD card and it reads fine in my USB card reader I got for it. I used to use it all the time to copy photos to my work PC.

Maybe the card is duff
Old 11-10-2008, 10:46   #10
Senior Member+

Wink Re: memory card problem

Right i will explain the situation in the best possible way cuz people dont seem to undestand what im trying to say.
I had a nokia 6500 slide, it had a memory card with it a micro sd, unfortunetly the fone kept crashing so i had to ask for a new one, i kept the memory card that came with the fone(nokia 6500 slide)They sent me a Samsung g600 but when i put the memory card inside and go to the memory card menu on the fone it says not allowed.
I bought a memory card adapter yesterday thinking that if i put the memory card on it i would be able to put the pics and stuff on the computer and then i would format the card. The problem is that when i did put the memory card on computer it only said format the card but it will erase any data that the card had, wich is not good because i need the pics as i have some of when my daughter was born and dont want to loose them.
i tried to put the memory card on my sisters in law a mother in law fones but again it said format the card.
So what i need is someone who has a nokia 6500 slide or any nokia model to see if the memory card will work and then pass me the pics via bluetooth and then i can format the card.
Right after this long bible i hope people undestands what im trying to say
Thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 11:32   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Maybe Nokia do something to there own card so it wont work in another phone.

You really need to try it on a PC that can read them or another nokia phone so you can make sure there is something on the card again.

Your PC wants to format the card because it thinks it is not formatted. That suggests to me that the card has been corrupted some how.

Where abouts are you?
Old 11-10-2008, 13:42   #12
God Member

try browsing it with nokia pc suit , i dont use nokia pc suit much but i think you can brows your computer through it so shoudl be able to browse teh memory card when its plugged into the pc

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 13:58   #13
God Member

ps:

the actuaL card may be buggered and thats why your nokia ran slow because it couldnt or was struggleing to read the card

just an after thought

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 13:59   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

You don't need to, Nokia memory cards are viewable in windows explorer. Nokia PC suite only views stuff on the phone.
Old 11-10-2008, 15:33   #15
Senior Member+

im in church neil i have tried to read it with the nokia pc suite but wont let me either

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..