Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2007, 11:25   #1

New Nursery called Dolli Dimples

Hi just thought i would let you all know about a new nursery opening on Warner street in Accrington. Its caled Dolli Dimples and is opening in September. It opens early and closes late for all those workaholics out there! It is run by a very good friend of mine and she has an excellent childcare background and she used to run Peel Park out of school club. If anyone wants any info just ask

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2007, 12:18   #2
God Member

Re: New Nursery called Dolli Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Cal View Post
Hi just thought i would let you all know about a new nursery opening on Warner street in Accrington. Its caled Dolli Dimples and is opening in September. It opens early and closes late for all those workaholics out there! It is run by a very good friend of mine and she has an excellent childcare background and she used to run Peel Park out of school club. If anyone wants any info just ask
I read about that in the paper, although I have no need for nurseries now I hope your friend is successful, sounds like she had a raw deal at PP
Old 18-08-2007, 12:33   #3
Resting in Peace

I read that too, but took note because of the name.. was addressed as Dolli Dimples a few times when I was little .. now the dimples are just longer creases I am afraid ..

Lovely name though .. best of luck to your friend.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 13:25   #4

Rough deal is not even half way close to the terrible time she had there, i wouldnt have lasted half the time she did at PP not without doing something i regretted. She had spent so much time and energy into building up the out of school club and after all it was her own business and they gave her her notice!! My little lad is two and a half and i wouldnt send him to PP not if the head and the board of governors can be sooooooooo nasty

Old 18-08-2007, 13:40   #5
Senior Member+

when should you start putting your kids name down/looking for a nursery ?
I only ask as mines is due next month and we were talking about it the other day..?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 13:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
when should you start putting your kids name down/looking for a nursery ?
I only ask as mines is due next month and we were talking about it the other day..?
#

When i had Ronnie we didnt start looking until we had had him which we were lucky to get a place. You can start looking now if you want and have a good look. We went to quite a few places and they were squalid. You should just be able to turn up when you like and have a look round. If you ring up and you have to book an appointment then thats when you have to get worried. Once you are happy with a nursery they should just be able to book you in for whenever you are ready the more in advance the better i suppose!

Old 18-08-2007, 20:02   #7
God Member

We put Siobhan s name down before she was born (although we couldn't uise her actual name as we didn't know if she was a girl or boy)

It doesn't hurt to be early, get it sorted now as you will have enough to do when she/he does arrive!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 19:49   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

my kids names where put down at 16 month, for them too start at 3, i dont believe in sending kids under that age to nursery, they should be at home with mummy
Old 20-08-2007, 21:20   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
my kids names where put down at 16 month, for them too start at 3, i dont believe in sending kids under that age to nursery, they should be at home with mummy
I would have loved to be a be at home mummy but unfortunately needed to work to live! Only work part time tho so not too bad

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..