Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 18:21   #1
God Member

Parrot cage?

i've just got a parakeet, he's a lot bigger than a budgie but a bit smaller than a parrot, he came with quite a large cage....BUT i want a bigger one

does anyone know where i can buy a large parrot cage from, i dont want to pay a fortune for one though (although i may have to)

one that stands on the floor would be ideal, although this cage is extremely suitable for him i would feel better if he had a LOT more room

any advice would be helpful

Cheers
Old 14-02-2009, 18:23   #2
Caz
God Member

Re: Parrot cage?

Try Freecycle Flashy, you never know....

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 18:25   #3
Give, give, give member

I once went into an old mill near Skipton in 1976, and they sold parrot cage bottoms, a great pile of them, and nothing else, for only twenty pence.

I hope this might be of some help to you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 18:29   #4
God Member

pmsfl, cheers for that Gary

Caz, i will ask on freecycle, thats if i dont get rollocked again for posting on there(dont ask)
Old 14-02-2009, 18:32   #5
Give, give, give member

Have you tried asking the bird?

He might be able to tell you of somwhere that sells them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 18:39   #6
God Member

HAHAHAHAHA, he doesnt say anything, all he does is whistle...which is hilarious when i whistle back and we are whistling for about 5 minutes none stop

he's taken a liking to my Ryvita too, and brown toast
Old 14-02-2009, 19:09   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i've just got a parakeet, he's a lot bigger than a budgie but a bit smaller than a parrot, he came with quite a large cage....BUT i want a bigger one

does anyone know where i can buy a large parrot cage from, i dont want to pay a fortune for one though (although i may have to)

one that stands on the floor would be ideal, although this cage is extremely suitable for him i would feel better if he had a LOT more room

any advice would be helpful

Cheers
Pity you got rid of that chest, he might have fit in there.

Could'nt resist it.
Retlaw.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 21:53   #8

Other than pets @home near b&q in blackburn
there is the pet shop on Bridge st ramsbottom that sells cages of all sizes along with birds etc
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 22:26   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
Other than pets @home near b&q in blackburn
there is the pet shop on Bridge st ramsbottom that sells cages of all sizes along with birds etc
Very apt off someone called " polly " no pun intended .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 04:45   #10

Try the Range at Blackburn, they have a large pet area and if they havent got one maybe they would order you one
The Blue Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 07:10   #11
God Member

ah i never thought about the Range, i'll have a wander down on my bike today and see if they have any in, cheers
Old 15-02-2009, 07:52   #12
God Member

I do believe i saw some large cages in The Range the other week.............i remember threatening the kids with them...
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 08:36   #13
Senior Member+

Clitheroe Auctions on a wednesday evening

My mum and dad went recently and saw HUGE parrot cages going for a small fraction of what they were worth. They are second hand but some of them were in excellent condition and went for next to nothing
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 12:21   #14
God Member

second hand would be good
Old 15-02-2009, 13:17   #15
Senior Member+

Its the same place as the Sunday Car Boot, you might be able to pick up a bargain there
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..