Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 22:29   #1
Senior Member+

planning application drawings

I need some help,has anyone done any planning application drawings themselves?,i need some advice on how to do the drawings myself,i am putting up a fence in my garden next to a public highway,so at the moment i am stuck on how to start the drawings ie what type of paper do i use and how to draw the plan of the fence,i have searched the intenet and cant find any pics on what it should look like,the council have told me that it will cost me £24 for 2 sheets of planning paper,i dont want to have to pay this much for 2 peices of paper,does anyone know how i should start my drawings please
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2007, 23:33   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: planning application drawings

I think it has to be on the special paper.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 23:36   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I think it has to be on the special paper.
Yeah it will have to be special paper.......just so the council can have a good laugh...

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 16:50   #4
Resting in Peace

In essence all you are doing is submitting evidence in support of a planning application. Private firms do this all the time for private clients. I would question whether you need to submit a planning application for a change to a private residence. If the change is a material consideration (ie:- Does it raise the value of your house? Will it have a detrimental effect to third parties? etc.) then you will need to submit a planning application. Send a request in writing to the planning department and ask for them to send a council officer to survey your proposed change, or go into the department and request a meeting with an officer from development control.

Try to get hold of a scale plan of your property. These can be obtained from most public libraries. Maybe this is what the planning department is trying to get you to pay for? I am not sure of the details of what they are asking you to pay for. The Ordnance Survey requires people to have permission to use their plans. However, I'm not sure where a member of the public would stand with having to pay for use of the Ordnance Survey maps. I would suggest that you check this first. For a private planning application you could draw the extents of your proposed fence by hand. Ensure that it is accurate and to scale, showing the before and after situation. The distance of the fence from the property will also have an impact. The development control department will have publicly available policies on what is allowed. This should conform with national and regional planning policy. These documents should be available on the councils website. If you submit plans and an argument that does not contradict current local planning policy this should be enough for the planning authorities development control department to assess all the possible issues with your proposed change.

Other than that, a new fence isn't exactly a new Tesco store so I wouldn't worry too much. The planning authority should send an officer to assess the application on site so it's really their responsibility to ensure that the information in your application is accurate.

Good luck with the application and hopefully you will be enjoying your new fence soon! This is only advice and this only represents my current understanding of current planning procedures and policy.

Jamie (Kate's son)

Hope this is helpful .. Kate >>> x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 17:55   #5
God Member

Just a thought , once you decide what type of fence you want to put up go down to the local "big box" DIY store and talk to the guys/women working there , they should know what is allowed in your area (height limits, [back fences usually higher than front gardens] spacing of rails and pickets [should be close enough to prevent a kid getting their head trapped etc.]
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 22:02   #6
Resident Waffler

Hasn't the council itself got some available guidelines - or would that be asking too much?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 18:30   #7
God Member

it can depend on indiviual estates, some are deemed 'open plan' and you can't have anything that encloses am area. IT can also depend on if there are neighbours who would look on the fencing, we had an issue with one of ours, (actually it wasn't the old dear but her grandson who'se about to inherit the lot). In teh end because of what he objected to it endedup with teh fence being a good 18" higher than it would have been if he hadn't objected in the first instance. Idiot is a word that springs to mind but hey ho.

In my dealings with HBC planning (I've done 2 seperate apps) they have struggled to apply common sense on either occasion. only by fighting my corner have I managed to get something suitable. Be prepared to stand your ground with a reasoned and solid argument.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 21:53   #8
Senior Member+

thanks for the advice everyone,its not looking as easy as i thought it would,does anyone know how quick privet hedging grows?
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..