Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2004, 09:36   #1
Junior Member+

Question Plumbing & Heating

Anybody want advice on plumbing and heating?
Bigclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2004, 07:38   #2
Senior Member+

My overflow pours out during the day when I am at work so by the time I come home there is a mini lake in my back garden.

whats the problem and how can it be solved ?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2004, 18:13   #3
Junior Member+

Post Overflow

It is either theball valve in the toilet or if the overflow is up near the eaves, it is from the tank in the loft...The ball valve requires re-washering or replacing.
Old 24-02-2004, 07:41   #4
Senior Member+

and is this a fairly simple proccess - replacing a ball valve ?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2004, 17:02   #5

i have tried bleeding my radiator but it doesnt seemed to have worked, it is still not heating up. i am not sure whether i have done it properly, instead of air releasing, water came out.
mazzywazzy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 17:59   #6

Re: Plumbing & Heating

Anyone know of a plumber who will take on small jobs, at least i hope it is a small job that doesn't turn into a big job. We have a slow leak coming from the bath area, that we cannot find. Have rang a couple of plumbers who promise to come and have a look but so far no one has turned up.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2004, 18:08   #7
Junior Member+

glasgowguy.
I think it would be advisable to get a plumber to attend to this. It will probably cost you £25.

MAZZYWAZZY
iF YOU ARE GETTING WATER AT THE VENT THE RAD IS NOT AIRLOCKED. yOU HAVE A CICULATION PROBLEM.
IS ONE OF THE VALVES CLOSED.
Sara,
Apart from being a leak it could be that the water is getting between the bath and the tiles.(eg. when showering)Is the seal between the bath and the wall ok?
I can't help you with a plumber because i'm outside your immediate area.
Sometimes your your local building supplier can give you the name of a reliable plumber.
Old 22-03-2004, 13:38   #8
mac
I am Banned

thinking of going into the plumbing trade. i have the money for the 6 week course but am a little bit sceptical about it. how much could i stand to earn as a plumber in this area. and is there enough work. may sound a silly question to you. been in the army for 10 years so no experience as to demand for work in this area.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2004, 08:01   #9
Junior Member+

Hi Mac,
I doubt if you could learn very much on a six week course (do you mean six months).
All I can say to you is if you feel confident...go for it.
The majority of people are willing to help an eager learner.
Regarding earnings its like everything else...its how hard you work.
Old 28-03-2004, 17:46   #10
mac
I am Banned

cheers mate. yes it is 6 weeks. still waiting for the course details to come through. wouldnt even begin to presume it would fully qualify me. but its a start.

am a workaholic, so will graft 24/7 if i need to.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 18:30   #11
Senior Member+

How's about a quote for central heating in a 2 bed terraced house,2 reception rooms plus kitchen extension? It has none in at the mo....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..