Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2008, 07:32   #1
Senior Member+

Angry Recycling Advice (Paper and puppy)

Got passed a message from my neighbour last night from the bin men that came last week. They have complained about me not recycling !!!

They told Debs to tell me that when my puppy has a number 2 that it still has to go into the white paper sack. Now to me that is disgusting and it should go in the black bins. I will admit that the ones she peewees on do go into the white sack.

Ive tried the puppy pads to train her on and she wouldnt take to them.

So who do you think is right here, i shall be phoning the council later about this as i dont want to end up with a fine.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2008, 07:38   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Recycling Advice (Paper and puppy)

You should not be putting any paper that the dog wee's or poo's on anywhere except your grey bin. To put it anywhere else would be disgusting. Next you will be putting your used toilet roll in your paper sack.
Old 26-09-2008, 07:39   #3
God Member

ewww you are right jimmi, i dont think they should go into the regular re-cycling bin, thats just horrible, i think you are doing right by putting them into the none re-cyclables....how do the bin men know anyway? are they rooting around for dog poo now? ewwwwwwwwwww
Old 26-09-2008, 07:44   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
So who do you think is right here, i shall be phoning the council later about this as i dont want to end up with a fine.
I can't believe you are actually going to phone the council and ask if they want you to put dog dirt into the recycled paper bag.

I hope they record the conversation - it might be on BBC1's "Dumbest Asked Questions" Christmas Specials
Old 26-09-2008, 09:57   #5
God Member

Neil, behave, if she's been told she has to do something differently then of course she should ring them up
Old 26-09-2008, 10:13   #6
Resting in Peace

I think somebodies taking the mickael here, is your neighbour a practicle joker Jimi
Old 26-09-2008, 10:25   #7
Full Member+

While you are on to them, ask them how do you recycle a Pringles tube?
It has a tin bottom, cardboard body, foil insert and a plastic top.
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 10:30   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think somebodies taking the mickael here, is your neighbour a practicle joker Jimi
Inclined to think you are right there Jay.
Have you thought of flushing it down the BOG or am I being to simplistic? I didn't mean the dog.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 11:20   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Got passed a message from my neighbour last night from the bin men that came last week. They have complained about me not recycling !!!

me thinks they would have posted a letter through your door if they had any complaints as is the standard procedure, NOT tell your neighbour to pass on a message !!!!

and as for putting pee soaked paper in the recycling bag....well........DISGUSTING !!!

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 11:30   #10
God Member

You can buy a dog litter tray and park it in the bathroom, so that the excrement can be scooped out and go down the loo.

Advantages of doing that - no poo bag to carry home and excercise your dog when you want to (not when it needs to)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 12:09   #11
Resident Waffler

I would put all dog fouled paper in with the non-recylable whether it is wee or pooh. To put it in with recyclable paper is disgusting. Surely it contaminates the paper.

This recycling lark is getting to the level of insanity now. Common sense should prevail. If we have broken glass do we put it in with the glass or do we wrap it in paper as before and put it safely in the wheelie bin? That means 2 recyclables are in the wheelie bin but a darned site safer than having sharp shards of glass in a box with no lid.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 12:31   #12
God Member

we had a naughty boy sticker from the council for having soil in teh green bin, hang on, thats teh one that goes to make compost

they told us to put it in grey bin...

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 12:35   #13
God Member

we have a brown bin for stuff that goes to make compost
Old 26-09-2008, 12:49   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
we had a naughty boy sticker from the council for having soil in teh green bin, hang on, thats teh one that goes to make compost

they told us to put it in grey bin...
Am no expert on compost Entwisi, but am able to read the no, no's of the Green Bin

Recycling - Your Green Bin
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 13:53   #15
Passed away 25-11-09

I'm sure they wouldn't leave a message with your neighbour. If they had a gripe with you, they'd tell you. It sounds like a wind-up to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..