Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 22:26   #1

Root Canal Treatment

Well I have had root canal at the dentist and have been in pain since (on and off) when I told my dentist she said this was quite normal as I have got narrow canals (typical that I get blessed with narrow canals instead of thighs) not sure if its normal to be in pain a few weeks after come to think of it maybe shes not a real dentist!

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2008, 22:49   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Root Canal Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibi View Post
Well I have had root canal at the dentist and have been in pain since (on and off) when I told my dentist she said this was quite normal as I have got narrow canals (typical that I get blessed with narrow canals instead of thighs) not sure if its normal to be in pain a few weeks after come to think of it maybe shes not a real dentist!
If she was wearing blue overalls with Murphy written on the back and carrying a Pick and Shovel you may well be right.

Wrong kind of canal.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 22:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibi View Post
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 22:59   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
If she was wearing blue overalls with Murphy written on the back and carrying a Pick and Shovel you may well be right.

Wrong kind of canal.
Murphys might have done a better job LOL and she said I would need a crown on the tooth (once it stops hurting) because it is weak now due to the root canal

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:59   #5
God Member

I had root canal treatment a few months ago. I had it done over two appointments which were supposed to be a couple of weeks apart. In between the first and second appointment an infection set in and it was the most stomach churning, buttock clenching agony I have been in since childbirth!

Of course the day the agony peaked had to be a bank holiday didn't it?
Luckily I have private dental care, my dentist was actually closed but I rang the emergency number and the on call dentist for the scheme came and opened her practice for me. This was in Burnley but I wasn't bothered...the pain I was in, I would have travelled further if it meant getting it sorted.

She confirmed that an infection had set in. She cleaned it out, injected it with a strong painkiller and gave me a prescription for strong painkiller tablets. I felt much better after this.

The following day I went to see my own dentist to tell him what had happened and he recommended bringing the second appointment forward and I had the root canal finished off the next day. As soon as the job was finished I had no more pain at all....thank God.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:00   #6
Resting in Peace

I had root canal treatment at my dentist a couple of years ago, and it hurt like hell, and still is. it cost a bleeding arm and a leg, my dentist went private and it kills me every time I go
Old 09-08-2008, 21:31   #7
Senior Member+

I think I've posted this a week or so ago, but I had full root canal work about 3 weeks ago at my dentist and it couldn't have been any better. Apart from an aching jaw from keeping my mouth open for 80 minutes, I never felt a thing. I've had no pain on it at all and he's done such a good job of rebuilding the tooth that it probably won't need a crown.

The dentist I use is private and the whole treatment wasn't cheap, but I do think that he's done a top job. He even took me through the treatment via an animated video before starting the treatment.

If you are still in pain weeks after the operation then it's likely that you still have infection in the tooth. This can happen and if the tooth hasn't been packed out and there's space in there, then infection will flourish. I'd recommend seeing someone who will look at your case in detail. It doesn't sound right that it's still hurting you.
Old 09-08-2008, 21:42   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I think I've posted this a week or so ago, but I had full root canal work about 3 weeks ago at my dentist and it couldn't have been any better. Apart from an aching jaw from keeping my mouth open for 80 minutes, I never felt a thing. I've had no pain on it at all and he's done such a good job of rebuilding the tooth that it probably won't need a crown.

The dentist I use is private and the whole treatment wasn't cheap, but I do think that he's done a top job. He even took me through the treatment via an animated video before starting the treatment.

If you are still in pain weeks after the operation then it's likely that you still have infection in the tooth. This can happen and if the tooth hasn't been packed out and there's space in there, then infection will flourish. I'd recommend seeing someone who will look at your case in detail. It doesn't sound right that it's still hurting you.
I agree with all you've said there.

I remember talking about this quite recently and I think you and I go to the same practice....apart from when I had the infection I had no pain at all apart from keeping my mouth open for over an hour.....long procedure isn't it?

My dentist really knows his stuff and I trust him and would trust others at that practice. I am very wary of nhs dentists these days due to my own and others' previous experience.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..