Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 20:09   #1
Len
God Member

Scaffolders

Anyone know of any reasonably priced scaffolders. It’s just that I’m having my roof felted and slates relayed.
I’m being told by the fellow doing the job that he now has to have scaffolding erected which is fair enough but the scaffolders will only erect the scaffolding for a minimum of a month at a cost of £400. 00.
The job it’s self will only take four or five days to complete and I cant see the point in having the scaffolding up for an extra 3 weeks just to justify the price.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2006, 20:12   #2

Re: Scaffolders

got one here next door to me...in Australia......but I,m afraid he charges travelling time to the job.......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 20:14   #3
Len
God Member

hey don't laugh, he may actually be cheaper.
Old 05-06-2006, 20:22   #4
God Member

I need mine doing and I was told to get someone who works on his own, it will be a lot cheaper as they dont need scaffolding, it seems they only need to protect their employee's and can do it themselves without scaffolding. Dont know how true it is, I meant to look into it but didn't get round to it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 20:37   #5
Len
God Member

The chap I’ve got for the job does work for him self and I watched him last year doing a similar job across the road without scaffolding so I asked him if he would do mine as it only took him 3 days. But now he’s talking about another £400.00 on top of his quote.
Surly it’s going to be cheaper than that?
Old 05-06-2006, 23:13   #6
God Member

And don't forget on top of that if the scaffolding is on the public footpath (eg terraced property straight onto street with no front garden) you have to get a permit from the council to have the scaffolding there!!!!!!!!

I had my roof done last year but the scaffolding was arranged by the roofer and included in the original quote. Second day of scaffolding being up the roofer told me the council had been round to ask if I had my permit. He acted dumb and said he would pass message on.

He did but they also concentrated on getting front of house done and two days later got the front scaffolding taken down and I just told the council I would not be paying for the permit as their intervention caused my roofer to walk off the job!!! hee hee Luckily the rear scaffolding was on my property so no permit required and they just completed the roof from there

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..