Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 06:16   #1

Shingles

Now then, I seem to have got them last week, the line of blisters have dried up now and there is nothing much visible now.
I have been taking a high loading dosage of Aciclovir from the moment it started (phew!)
Thing is...It's still very painful along that line.
Any suggestions for minimizing the pain cos I'm a bit precious n don't do pain with any dignity whatsoever.
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2009, 06:32   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Shingles

Cure Shingles with Remedies from the Earth Clinic Community.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:48   #3
Give, give, give member

QUICK RESULTS FOR SHINGLES
My own delving into urine therapy came about when a doctor at Los Angeles County Hospital told me that the pus-filled welts, rash and burning sensation that I had been suffering for two weeks was shingles. When I phoned my close friend Dorothea, a gifted healer, she told me about the benefits of uropathy, and when she suggested I try it, I went slightly "ballistic," telling her that there was no way I could possibly do the therapy; that urine was a poison. Her response to my outburst was to say very matter-of-factly, "That's not so. It's perfectly clean. In fact, it's the body's internal cleanser. It's the run-off from your blood. It's your blood."

That made sense to me. If science tells us that urine, a few minutes before it is voided, is in the blood, then if it were such a terrible poison, wouldn't all of us be ill? After I got over my initial revulsion, I decided, in my angst, to try it.
The burning pain, which is the worst part of shingles, declined rapidly in the first 24-hour period after I began the therapy, and then disappeared altogether within 72 hours. The welts went away a few days later, and the rash slowly cleared up in about three weeks. Had I known then about the rubbing; the welts and rash probably would have gone away sooner.

http://net-prophet.net/health/phelps/buckman.htm

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:55   #4
Resting in Peace

I had them about 4 years ago, and hell are thy good company Susie, I took DF118s for the pain, seemed to work for me, mine were all round my stomach, took about 2 weeks to clear up
Old 09-04-2009, 12:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I had them about 4 years ago, and hell are thy good company Susie, I took DF118s for the pain, seemed to work for me, mine were all round my stomach, took about 2 weeks to clear up
Mine are on my inside thigh and up me Ethel Jaysy...so...I'm perching prettily and........er.... precision pee-ing (would that cover the urine therapy? Yikes!)

Last edited by planetsusie; 09-04-2009 at 12:17.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:22   #6
God Member

Two friends of mine have had shingles, one was hospitalised his were so bad. And the other one a lady was in agony for quite a while. Not something I would like to get as they are extremely painful.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:24   #7
God Member

When I had them, my sciatic nerve was their path from hip to ankle.
I had surgery on two toes the week before, and shingles was not diagnosed immediately because it was thought to be a nasty effect of that surgery - until the blisters came.

The pain is really awful, so I sympathise, especially since I have just had 2 weeks of sciatic nerve pain in that same leg. I was watching out for the blisters to arrive but none this time.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 14:03   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
2 weeks? Ah I'm near to the end of the first week then
I have some dihydrocodeine too.. same as DF118. So thanks Ill try them n bear (down?) hahaha the associated bunged-upness...
Old 09-04-2009, 16:10   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
When I had them, my sciatic nerve was their path from hip to ankle.
I had surgery on two toes the week before, and shingles was not diagnosed immediately because it was thought to be a nasty effect of that surgery - until the blisters came.

The pain is really awful, so I sympathise, especially since I have just had 2 weeks of sciatic nerve pain in that same leg. I was watching out for the blisters to arrive but none this time.
Don't know about you Margaret, but when I had shingles it was a very funny pain, just like some one pushing hot needles in me all the time, I certainly don't want them again
Old 09-04-2009, 20:16   #10
Beacon of light

My Ma had shingles many years ago......she had the post shingles pain long after the lesions had gone......she got relief by putting neat lavender oil on the area.
Now Sue, this might be alright for the inner thigh area, but I would be a bit hesitiant to put it on your sixpence(Ethel. as you call it).
Tea bags are another thing that are very soothing for herpetic discomfort.....used ones, cooled in the fridge - then discarded after use.(they should be safe on your hairy mary too)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:52   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
My Ma had shingles many years ago......she had the post shingles pain long after the lesions had gone......she got relief by putting neat lavender oil on the area.
Now Sue, this might be alright for the inner thigh area, but I would be a bit hesitiant to put it on your sixpence(Ethel. as you call it).
Tea bags are another thing that are very soothing for herpetic discomfort.....used ones, cooled in the fridge - then discarded after use.(they should be safe on your hairy mary too)
hahaha! Margaret you make me laugh! Thanks for that.
The tea bag thing actually worked somewhat (thanks again)...er... except I now look like I have a rusty 'sixpence' n I weren't expecting that for a few year yet... hhaha
Old 10-04-2009, 08:55   #12
Beacon of light

Sue does it matter if your sixpence has a somewhat 'rusty' look?
Who is going to be looking at it(no......don't tell me)?

If it eased the discomfort them I am pleased......the other option is copper sulphate solution....and I'm not sure if this has to be prescribed or whether it is off prescription.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:56   #13
Beacon of light

I no longer possess a BNF to check whether copper sulphate is POM (prescription only Medicine).
Old 10-04-2009, 15:16   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I no longer possess a BNF to check whether copper sulphate is POM (prescription only Medicine).
To say I've had more than my fair share of medicl attention Margaret, I never knew what POM meant, seen it many a time and always wonderednow I know
Old 10-04-2009, 16:21   #15
Beacon of light

I am pleased to have been able to add to your knowledge Jaysay.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..