Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2003, 14:32   #16
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Questions for Lee Haworth - Environmental Heal

Think I was under a misunderstanding, about contacting you direct with complaints, but that's how I  had read it.

I was glad of this option, as previous emails to EH & Dirtbusters had prompted no response.

Hopefully now, with the council's tougher policy things will gradually improve, but as you say, it will take time, and we appreciate that.

Now that you have read the column, and know about about the incidents at the back of Exchange St, hopefully something will be done. Although one thing does puzzle me, If EH didn't know, how come the original mess was placed back into the offenders yard ???

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2003, 14:42   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
although one thing does puzzle me, If EH didn't know, how come the original mess was placed back into the offenders yard
Think a litter fairy must be doing the rounds in Springhill eh Cazzer! ???
flopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2003, 16:37   #18
Caz
God Member

The rubbish  problem mentioned above  is now in the process of being dealt with.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-08-2003, 13:46   #19
Junior Member+

We certainly didn't put the mess in the offender's back yard, and Cleansg Dept shoudn't have done that. A puzzle I think!
We would gather evidence, then remove the waste, and in some cases charge the owner, or alternatively a fine or a formal warning.
Lee Haworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2003, 15:25   #20
Caz
God Member

WEIRD!!  ??? ;D ;D

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-08-2003, 16:34   #21
Junior Member+

Quote:
We certainly didn't put the mess in the offender's back yard, and Cleansg Dept shoudn't have done that. A puzzle I think!
Extremely odd! Can't understand why someone would put rubbish out, take it back inside his yard, then put another lot of rubbish out, worse than the first! something doesn't add up here. I'm confused ??? ???

Somebody must have done it! I'd love to know who [smiley=idunno.gif]
flopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 11:55   #22
Caz
God Member

Hi Lee

I was wondering if there is any chance of another rubbish amnesty in Springhill in the near future?

Possibly in conjunction with leaflet drops, to explain to householders what they must do or not do, and the consequences if rules were not adhered to.

I for one would volunteer to deliver them!!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 17-08-2003, 12:14   #23

Good idea, i would deliver them also.  :
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 15:39   #24
Junior Member+

OK I'll support that. Whoever organised the last one should be contacted. I wasn't involved. If anyone knows who organised it, I'll be happy to get involved or contact the organiser.
I'll make some enquiries at the Council anyway.
Lee
Lee Haworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 15:53   #25
Caz
God Member

Think it might have had something to do with Springhill Network Group. There's a meeting on Wednesday night, so I'll bring the subject up. Thanks.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 18-08-2003, 19:14   #26
Resting in Peace

Nobody around this area takes a blind bit of notice of leaflets
just look at the back of india street
>
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 19:26   #27
Caz
God Member

[quote author=mick link=board=springhill;num=1060199770;start=0#25 date=08/18/03 at 20:14:17]Nobody around this area takes a blind bit of notice of leaflets
>[/quote]

Yes, but if a leaflet was delivered to every single household, there would be no excuse for not knowing what the rules were.

People can always pretend they don't read the papers or whatever, and plead ignorance, but they can't deny the fact that they have had the information delivered through their letter box.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 18-08-2003, 21:45   #28

All people tend to say is that they thought it was junk mail ( which everybody gets alot of) so they threw it away, ignorance is bliss is'nt it ?
So perhaps leaflets is'nt the answer? Any other suggestions ???
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 21:53   #29
Caz
God Member

Shouldn't ignore anything with a council logo on  though. Or maybe they should be in envelopes. There isn't really any other way is there?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 18-08-2003, 22:00   #30
Caz
God Member

Just heard from the Network Group that they are trying to get a pamphlet together for the area, which would include useful information, tel nos, Warden Scheme etc. Could be incorporated into that. We've got to get through to these people somehow!

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..