Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   The Deck (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/the-deck-5355.html)

shazfury1 26-07-2009 02:13

Re: The Deck

Florrie was a one and only, i dated him from being 14/17. He was a brilliant drummer and sang a mean Roll over Bethoven??. (can't spell) He was a really sweet guy

jaysay 26-07-2009 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazfury1 (Post 731198)
I remember Tom Robinson from way back, if it's the same Tom that was in a band years ago. Le Fauves. Please ask, silly name but they were ok. I think a guy called Rufus was also involved. Did a couple of gigs at Accy jazz club. Way back.

Remember both Tom and Rufus, Toms Dad used to be a goalkeeper played for Manchester City another name that springs to mind from the era was Tony Jenkinson Jinks to his mates

Wynonie Harris 26-07-2009 16:57

Florrie was (and I would imagine, still is) a great bloke. Remember sitting on the deck as a naive 16-year old in 1967. Florrie (along with Isaac) tipped me off to loads of great blues artists like Junior Wells, Elmore James and Albert King...people who I still like to this day. An excellent musical education!

cashman 26-07-2009 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazfury1 (Post 731199)
Florrie was a one and only, i dated him from being 14/17. He was a brilliant drummer and sang a mean Roll over Bethoven??. (can't spell) He was a really sweet guy

if thats the case our paths have definately crossed.:)

cashman 15-08-2009 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bicky (Post 730368)
I was one of the mod dudes with my brother Tony and Jimmy Lightbown, also isaac, vito, Tom Robinson, Dave Tunnicliffe etc. spent many a happy hour watching the girls walking by.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...cons/icon7.gif

was good to see you n tony looking so well bicky, just before kick off today behind the clayton end.:);)

Reamer 16-08-2009 15:17

Florrie did a short set at Sydney St WMC on new year's day as part of Tommy Franks' annual gig there. He didn't play drums though, sang and played guitar was ok too

cashman 16-08-2009 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamer (Post 736989)
Florrie did a short set at Sydney St WMC on new year's day as part of Tommy Franks' annual gig there. He didn't play drums though, sang and played guitar was ok too

florrie n a few of the owd reprabates tend to pop in most new years days i was told last week.:)

Alan Gilmartin 04-11-2009 04:32

What!!!!!!

Atarah 04-11-2009 08:55

The Deck

Just found this, of interest to anyone?

cashman 04-11-2009 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 760329)
Just found this, of interest to anyone?

dunno atarah, when i click it dont expand.:confused: now its gone lol

Atarah 04-11-2009 09:22

Sorry, something went wrong and I lost the photo when trying to upload???

johnenglish 06-01-2010 20:59

The deck I remember was from 1970 onwards kind of mod days then Joe davitt ,Mick cawley who both worked at millets on Church st everybody bought there jeans from there,Remembering Tubby who raced up and down church St on his scooter who sadly died a little while later.
woody another mod guy ,Isaac was in this crew remember him as a tight mod smart clothes .
way long time ago .we used to spend ages on the deck before and after going to the old disco over catlows and then New era shut on Friday nights .
Any others remember these days

cashman 06-01-2010 21:04

yep joe dav is down london way now i was told, isaac still about, lives near pop club.

Eric 06-01-2010 21:12

Re: The Deck (photo by Jambutty from an old posting)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 79818)
Oh silly me, I didn't realise you meant THESE railings!!!!

This photo was on an old posting by Jambutty (hope its OK I have shown it)

Just noticed this ... fantastic pic .... I can almost smell the aroma from the tabacconist .... ubi sunt.

turkishdelight 06-01-2010 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITZY (Post 454888)
The guy with the coloured pens died several years ago, I believe he choked on his vomit, don't know his name or anything, just know this because he used to live across from a mate of mine.(That's if it was the person you are on about)

I think his name was Geseppi or something like that.