Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   When did you 1st notice you were gettin on!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/when-did-you-1st-notice-you-were-gettin-on-60753.html)

gdm27 21-02-2012 07:47

When did you 1st notice you were gettin on!!!

I new I was getting old when for the 1st. time "Top Of The Pops" was on and I didn't watch it??? :eek:

jaysay 21-02-2012 08:40

Re: When did you 1st notice you were getting on!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 971600)
I new I was getting old when for the 1st. time "Top Of The Pops" was on and I didn't watch it??? :eek:

Using that rule of thumb I must have been getting old when I was 25:D

Margaret Pilkington 21-02-2012 09:57

Re: When did you 1st notice you were gettin on!!!

Well, I was under the impression that I was still a 'young thing'....then my illusion was shattered by himself. We were lying in bed(now don't get any daft ideas here) and he said to me 'Do you realise, we are getting old?'
My response was 'I don't care, it beats the hell out of the alternative!'

I suppose my realisation that I am 'getting on' as you put it, came when I got down on my knees to do something....and struggled to get back to my feet.

jaysay 21-02-2012 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 971616)
Well, I was under the impression that I was still a 'young thing'....then my illusion was shattered by himself. We were lying in bed(now don't get any daft ideas here) and he said to me 'Do you realise, we are getting old?'
My response was 'I don't care, it beats the hell out of the alternative!'

I suppose my realisation that I am 'getting on' as you put it, came when I got down on my knees to do something....and struggled to get back to my feet.

Actually Margaret your quite lucky really, I can't even get up now:D

Margaret Pilkington 21-02-2012 10:22

Oh, I do consider myself lucky John........I take no medications, and I consider myself to be fit. I can walk long distances, have not much trouble pushing Ma about in her chair.
I have all my mental faculties.....my hearing is good...my eyesight is faltering a bit.......other than that, I am tickety-boo.

lol1944 21-02-2012 11:00

I am not as good as I once was but I am as good once as I ever was!!

cashman 21-02-2012 11:17

Have a few minor things,like am pretty deaf, but as fer getting owd, I never grew up.:D

Gordon Booth 21-02-2012 11:43

I went to an AGS old boys meeting a couple of years ago. I walked in the room and thought 'Good heavens, what a load of old codgers, nobody my age here!'. Then as we swapped names I realised some of them were from my year and they were OLD. Went home, looked in the mirror and suddenly realised!
If Bob Dobson reads this- don't worry, Bob, you were the exception, you haven't changed a bit!

claytonx 21-02-2012 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 971600)

I haven't noticed yet

Gordon Booth 21-02-2012 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonx (Post 971635)
I haven't noticed yet

You are getting old! Top of the Pops hasn't been on since 2006 and you haven't noticed?

claytonx 21-02-2012 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 971638)
You are getting old! Top of the Pops hasn't been on since 2006 and you haven't noticed?

MY top of the pops ended with Sony and Cher.

gdm27 21-02-2012 15:04

The 1st time you make "that" (no, not wind) noise when you pull yourself out the chair!! :eek:

jaysay 21-02-2012 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 971665)
The 1st time you make "that" (no, not wind) noise when you pull yourself out the chair!! :eek:

In my case it is wind:D

jaysay 21-02-2012 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 971622)
Oh, I do consider myself lucky John........I take no medications, and I consider myself to be fit. I can walk long distances, have not much trouble pushing Ma about in her chair.
I have all my mental faculties.....my hearing is good...my eyesight is faltering a bit.......other than that, I am tickety-boo.

Well I have been feeling chipper but have found out that flaming pseudomonas bug has reared its head again, now its just a wait and see if I can beat it again with a visit to that big house on the hill in Blackburn:(

garinda 21-02-2012 17:52

Deep down, no one's really older than their shoe size.