Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2012, 23:00   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: big crown, next to joe morts

Yeh musta known Cyl then janloot? he was knocking about wi Jimmy Fitz mid-late 60s.
Old 24-09-2012, 07:26   #17

we used to frequent the tinker at that time jesse had the pub, jimmy fitz lived across the road half way up tinker brew , he had a blue pickup, but couldnt drive, i take it cyl is an abreviation , but cant put a face to him, i still lived in nelson, but i think i worked with them for a short while, that was a good while after the tarmac escapade, that didnt last long either,carrot wasnt with us then.
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 09:05   #18

had a natter with my sis,she says definetly donny, but must admit i cant remember apart from the carrot bit, i never knew his proper name, and i think it would have been the late seventys when jimmy fitz lived on the tinker brew,
Old 25-09-2012, 14:08   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloot View Post
had a natter with my sis,she says definetly donny, but must admit i cant remember apart from the carrot bit, i never knew his proper name, and i think it would have been the late seventys when jimmy fitz lived on the tinker brew,
Donny is cousin to the boss in our house, Jimmy was living on Sun Street besides the town hall when he was wi his missus, musta moved on Tinker Brew after they split. Cyl is n abbreviation but its all i ever knew him as. lol
Old 25-09-2012, 15:01   #20

i remember jimmy living on sun street with his wife but all that had folded she was in the pub trade with some one else, top of little blackburn road round corner black something or other, he was living with another woman,on tinker brew,i remember a dance hall being in front of jimmys house i remember going, but cant remember the name of it i used to knock about with david mac at that time, he,s in tenerefe now,
Old 25-09-2012, 23:00   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The pub would be the Black Horse,The someone else was me best mate back then,I was courting wi me late wife at the time. They are still together, but mate don't keep so good these days.
Old 26-09-2012, 08:43   #22

i remember her, slim blonde type in those days,i remember it being the black horse now you come to mention it, its along time since i left the accrington area,but still have a few good memorys, and a few rough ones ha,ha, my sis lives in clayton, i come over a bit to the indian balti stan but even thats getting too dear now, i still have a lot of family scattered about accy, and ossy, my own daughters and grand children, are over this way, we get together now and then,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..