Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 09:09   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Haircut 2,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Wash your mouth out ! I am what I am, eggshell blonde & display it proudly, none of this false vanity & clinging on to the strands with me fella.
No Bobby Charlton look for you then Dave
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No Bobby Charlton look for you then Dave
Categorically NO ! More the tonsured look. (egg in a nest, although the front of the nest is missing )
Old 05-05-2012, 13:47   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Categorically NO ! More the tonsured look. (egg in a nest, although the front of the nest is missing )
Beggers them woodpeckers Dave
Old 05-05-2012, 14:12   #19
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Wash your mouth out ! I am what I am, eggshell blonde & display it proudly, none of this false vanity & clinging on to the strands with me fella.
Very fetching, have to say that, my partner's been the same for 30 years, though I think it slipped to his chin, haven't seen that since 1977!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg morrisman.jpg (49.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-05-2012, 14:55   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Very fetching, have to say that, my partner's been the same for 30 years, though I think it slipped to his chin, haven't seen that since 1977!
Noticed at the bottom of the pic it said "Morrisman", I do hope we're talking about a Pub here & not those dubious, folkloresque, Cider swilling, beardy, ribbon bedecked, hanky waggling, stick banging, shin kicking, bell jingling 'erberts, what come sneaking out in the Summer to terrify kids, dogs & American tourists !

There's dark things afoot in the history of morris, eeh, it'd make your hair curl.
Old 05-05-2012, 15:14   #21
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Noticed at the bottom of the pic it said "Morrisman", I do hope we're talking about a Pub here & not those dubious, folkloresque, Cider swilling, beardy, ribbon bedecked, hanky waggling, stick banging, shin kicking, bell jingling 'erberts, what come sneaking out in the Summer to terrify kids, dogs & American tourists !

There's dark things afoot in the history of morris, eeh, it'd make your hair curl.
'Fraid so Dave, 'cept it's beer not cider and he doesn't dance, he plays that squeezeboxy thing he's holding in his lap. And it must terrify American tourists, never seen one at any of the displays!
Old 05-05-2012, 15:25   #22
God Member

My dad used to go to Emanuelle's at the top end of Clayton -Sicillian barbers are notedly handy with a cut throat razor!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 15:41   #23
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
'Fraid so Dave, 'cept it's beer not cider and he doesn't dance, he plays that squeezeboxy thing he's holding in his lap.
No mitigation that ! Even though he plays the cat squeezer, he wears the motley, so guilty as charged ! With a hey nonny, nonny, wiggle, diggle, aye, Hey !
Old 05-05-2012, 15:53   #24
Resting In Peace

Quote:
No mitigation that ! Even though he plays the cat squeezer, he wears the motley, so guilty as charged ! With a hey nonny, nonny, wiggle, diggle, aye, Hey !
Oh dear no escape - but don't you think the woolly hat is quite fetching!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coventry Morris Wolston.jpg (50.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-05-2012, 15:59   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Oh dear no escape - but don't you think the woolly hat is quite fetching!
Is it a special morris woolly hat ? Does it do tricks ?
Old 05-05-2012, 16:37   #26
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Is it a special morris woolly hat ? Does it do tricks ?
The only trick as far as I know is keeping his head warm. Knitted by my own fair hands, and as you will see if you look at the picture caption, in as near to Coventry blue as I could find. We were living in the area from 2000 to 2007. Oh and he has the matching fingerless gloves for when they do really silly things like dancing at Kenilworth Castle on Boxing Day. Rag jacket also a product of my creativity.

If you look at the album marked Richard on my profile page you will find him in a whole array of headgear all designed to keep the bonce either warm in winter or cool in summer but then as a fellow traveller you probably have a similar selection.
Old 05-05-2012, 18:42   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
you will find him in a whole array of headgear all designed to keep the bonce either warm in winter or cool in summer

Most serpently, Woolly, baseball, flat, floppy, hard, the required noggin cover for the ocassion.

but then as a fellow traveller you probably have a similar selection.
Traveller ? I may have spent some time within the bounds of a mobile home & several seasons in a static trailer in Holland, but of our scrap collecting, peg selling, fortune telling community I am most certainly not.
Old 05-05-2012, 19:01   #28
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Traveller ? I may have spent some time within the bounds of a mobile home & several seasons in a static trailer in Holland, but of our scrap collecting, peg selling, fortune telling community I am most certainly not.
Sorry didn't mean to imply you were of the p word persuasion!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..