Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Nayler the Printer 1969 to 1974
apprenticeship at Nayler's 0 0%
What happened to all the people at Nayler's 0 0%
I once worked at Nayler's 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2007, 10:18   #1
Junior Member+

Nayler the Printer

Hi there I worked there for five years of my life served my time as a compositor then went on to sign writing I was there from 69 to 74 is there any one out there in the ether who was working there at the same time as me or even remembers me from the past at Nayler's, I would love to talk !!
MarkBattersby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2007, 10:22   #2
God Member

Re: Nayler the Printer

I think I knew you before that - before you were a twinkle in your dad's eye, I was a bridesmaid at your mum and dad's wedding.
Is your auntie Valerie still well, and enjoying farm life?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 10:42   #3
Resting in Peace

Blast from the past you are !! Oh yes, remember you very well, used to collect your notes every morning to make sure your time was being put to good use ...

Worked in the office from 1959 >> '64 (summat like that anyway). Came back for a couple of years from around '71 >73.

You worked with our Mr. Lloyd in that top right hand corner, can see you now sticking those little letters in the trays.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 10:44   #4
Junior Member+

Hi Margaret I have only just found this site so I am having to work my way around it I can never understand this abbreviated language that's used I have a lodger a young woman so when I get stuck on things I consult Erica, Yep auntie Val is OK my son Billy calls over to see them more than I do, and he told they are thinking of retiring away from the farm
Old 24-11-2007, 10:44   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I think I knew you before that - before you were a twinkle in your dad's eye, I was a bridesmaid at your mum and dad's wedding.
Is your auntie Valerie still well, and enjoying farm life?
Don't think this can be correct Margaret .. Mark must be around our age, unless it was in your previouse life..

Sorry, just seen his post .. but don't understand the first bit .. come Mark, own up, how old are you now.?
Old 24-11-2007, 10:49   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Don't think this can be correct Margaret .. Mark must be around our age, unless it was in your previouse life..

Sorry, just seen his post .. but don't understand the first bit .. come Mark, own up, how old are you now.?
I was only aged 7 when I was their bridesmaid. There can't be more than one Mark Battersby---- surely?

Old 24-11-2007, 11:00   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I was only aged 7 when I was their bridesmaid. There can't be more than one Mark Battersby---- surely?
Well, if you work it out, he was there when I started at 16 1/2 .. he was already there as an apprentice.. so must have been at least 16 himself. He's gone off line now, so will have to wait for his return. Unless his Mum and Dad were married 7 years after his birth... LOL.

Sounds like the right one anyway.
Old 24-11-2007, 11:03   #8
God Member

Quote:
Well, if you work it out, he was there when I started at 16 1/2 .. he was already there as an apprentice.. so must have been at least 16 himself. He's gone off line now, so will have to wait for his return. Unless his Mum and Dad were married 7 years after his birth... LOL.

Sounds like the right one anyway.
I reckon he is about 10 yrs younger than us Kate - I think you need to start taking Gingko Biloba (and less Bacardi)

Old 24-11-2007, 11:08   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I reckon he is about 10 yrs younger than us Kate - I think you need to start taking Gingko Biloba (and less Bacardi)
We will see .... Unless, you telling lies, and you are really 74 !!
Old 24-11-2007, 11:10   #10
Junior Member+

Quote:
Blast from the past you are !! Oh yes, remember you very well, used to collect your notes every morning to make sure your time was being put to good use ...

Worked in the office from 1959 >> '64 (summat like that anyway). Came back for a couple of years from around '71 >73.

You worked with our Mr. Lloyd in that top right hand corner, can see you now sticking those little letters in the trays.
Hi Kate I have just found this site pretty good fun I see you now and then around Barnes square and I always remember working at Nayler's and chatting away to you through that little window, you where always philosophical, I don't think any body from there are trying to make contact it should be interesting to see who responds I will work out how to use this site better and see who I can find ...
Old 24-11-2007, 11:12   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:

I'm 55 now 16-6-52
Old 24-11-2007, 11:12   #12
God Member

Quote:
We will see .... Unless, you telling lies, and you are really 74 !!
LOL -feel like it sometimes !!
He could have been born in 1950/51.

Old 24-11-2007, 11:14   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBattersby View Post
Hi Kate I have just found this site pretty good fun I see you now and then around Barnes square and I always remember working at Nayler's and chatting away to you through that little window, you where always philosophical, I don't think any body from there are trying to make contact it should be interesting to see who responds I will work out how to use this site better and see who I can find ...
Philosophical !! blimey that's a new one !!

So .. if you see me now and then, say hello next time

You will probably have to wait for anyone else to turn up Mark, not everyone is addicted as myself to this site, and they don't always look in every day. x
Old 24-11-2007, 11:19   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBattersby View Post
I'm 55 now 16-6-52

Ok .. I was wrong must have been my second spell at Naylers.

You're right Margaret .. did have a few bacardis last night .. intend to have some more at the meet tonight too, so no telling what I will get wrong tomorrow !
Old 24-11-2007, 12:19   #15
Junior Member+

I like this site it appealed to straight away I will speed up as I understand how it works I keep looking round it and it's sinking in, I like the way you can 3 and more way conversations this is new to me also I love it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..