Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2012, 13:02   #91
God Member

Re: the good old days THE BLOCKADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Now why am I thinking of our very own Mancie ?
Maybe because it's a slow day in the Reich and you have too much free time on your hands Drink a bunch of beer and these thoughts will disappear.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2012, 13:39   #92
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe because it's a slow day in the Reich and you have too much free time on your hands Drink a bunch of beer and these thoughts will disappear.
Everyday is a slow day here Eric, something to do with the German penchant with papers & paperwork for everything & that in triplicate at the very least.

As to the Beer, probably chuck down a few "Oktoberfest Biers" to fit in with the locals, only not to many or it'll be on the bus & off to Poland !

They tend to suffer "Wanderlust" when they've had a few.
Old 25-10-2012, 14:47   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Everyday is a slow day here Eric, something to do with the German penchant with papers & paperwork for everything & that in triplicate at the very least.

As to the Beer, probably chuck down a few "Oktoberfest Biers" to fit in with the locals, only not to many or it'll be on the bus & off to Poland !

They tend to suffer "Wanderlust" when they've had a few.
I read about that ... have a few brewshies; hop on a tank; and do the drang nach osten thing
Old 25-10-2012, 22:13   #94
Super Moderator

Theories naming G.J. or Mancie as the suspect are, I fear, totally unfounded, Watson. Yerself has already provided us with two vital clues - the man in question possesses a mark lack of hair and is an habituee of the Clayton End. G.J. has a healthy head of hair and Mancie is no frequenter of the Clayton End, being a Stretford Ender by persuasion. Come, Watson, our search continues!

Sorry, been watching me Basil Rathbone/Sherlock Holmes DVDs today.
Old 25-10-2012, 22:31   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well that rules me out i still got me barnet.
Old 25-10-2012, 22:36   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Theories naming G.J. or Mancie as the suspect are, I fear, totally unfounded, Watson. Yerself has already provided us with two vital clues - the man in question possesses a mark lack of hair and is an habituee of the Clayton End. G.J. has a healthy head of hair and Mancie is no frequenter of the Clayton End, being a Stretford Ender by persuasion. Come, Watson, our search continues!

Sorry, been watching me Basil Rathbone/Sherlock Holmes DVDs today.
Very good Wyn...you can count me out as a suspect..I did frequent the Block back in the late 70's but I can't say I was a regular.
As fo the cry of "hammer and sickle" I'd say it's more apt these days as the Tory's hammering us plebs and the low to ground cuts of the sickle
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 08:51   #97
I am Banned

I'd have gone for Ernie Lee or Kiff (John Cowell) until you mentioned a bald pate Wynonie.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 09:31   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Nah then wyn,have yeh considered the guy who occasionally joins us on Clayton End when hes in town?
Old 26-10-2012, 10:42   #99
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah then wyn,have yeh considered the guy who occasionally joins us on Clayton End when hes in town?
Are you insinuating the infamous Mr. Lapsong souchong ???
Old 26-10-2012, 12:34   #100
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Don't muck about. Name and shame this commie dirtbag. The great Accy public need to know. Mind you, he (or she) has probably transferred their allegance to the Koran by now and is at this very moment knocking up an IED from nail varnish and doner kebab fat.
Don't reckon it's him, unless it's a cunning double bluff.

Actually, Ernie Lee sounded a knocking bet, but as DtheP47 pointed out, he had a full head of hair back then and I've never seen him on the Clayton End.
Old 26-10-2012, 13:23   #101
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
He has been known to be fairly slack with some facts as I recall from certain threads read on here.
Old 26-10-2012, 13:32   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Thats the fact thats aroused my suspicion.
Old 26-10-2012, 21:59   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Don't muck about. Name and shame this commie dirtbag. The great Accy public need to know. Mind you, he (or she) has probably transferred their allegance to the Koran by now and is at this very moment knocking up an IED from nail varnish and doner kebab fat.
Well ok then if yeh insist T. It was You.
Old 27-10-2012, 08:02   #104
God Member

Quote:
He does have the chrome dome
Old 31-10-2012, 21:35   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
He does have the chrome dome
Well the fact hes been online a few times n aint responded to this. I rest my case.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..