Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 21:51   #61

Re: toys of the 70's and 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
heh, now your talking, Hotwheels, I had loads, we used to set it up on teh stairs and send teh cars down to smash into the skirting. That was till me mum noticed all teh dents
I could never get mine to loop the loop though. I don't think we could afford enough track
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2007, 21:57   #62
God Member

egg n chips...everytime i see your name i wanna run to the kitchen
Old 08-01-2007, 21:59   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
egg n chips...everytime i see your name i wanna run to the kitchen
Ahh but if only you could see my face... then you'd run to the lavvy!
Old 08-01-2007, 22:02   #64
God Member

i love egg n chips, aint had it for years (egg n chips that is)
Old 08-01-2007, 22:03   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
I could never get mine to loop the loop though. I don't think we could afford enough track
It was all about the 'drop' or if like me you had the 'launcher' which used an elastic band.(Of course I swapped it for a much stronger one for added 'zoom' )

I had one other rather annoying habit with my cars. I was never actually happy with the colours they came in so I used to scour the baskets outside car accessory shops for cheap aerosols. When I bought a car the first thing I did when I took it home was dismantle it and spray it a colour I liked(Which strangely enough was Black in 95% of cases! )

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 22:04   #66
Resting in Peace

Tonight I dropped a whole container of wooden cocktail sticks ... went everywhere ... found myself playing 'Pick up Sticks' without thinking .. just loved that one .. getting the black one at the end was the best moment ever.

Took me ages to get those sticks back in their container though ...playing against meself, so to speak...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 22:35   #67
Senior Member+

i had a stawberry shortcake doll in the 80s and all that i can remember is that you squeezed its belly and you could smell strawberry from its mouth,did anyone else have one of those
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 22:55   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
i had a stawberry shortcake doll in the 80s and all that i can remember is that you squeezed its belly and you could smell strawberry from its mouth,did anyone else have one of those

they still sell those too, i saw one when i was in manchester the other week
Old 08-01-2007, 23:12   #69
Senior Member+

blimin eck its amazing whats still about
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:54   #70
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

there was nowt better than your own go-cart! u would get some old pram wheels, and wood...anything you cud get your hands on, and spend all day making it only to destroy it later by crashing it cuz you no brakes and having to leave it outside only to find some ****** nicked it!!(what was left of it) .....lol them where the days
Old 09-01-2007, 10:58   #71
God Member

Tring to get them to actually stay together going down the hill on the Spring Hill field(where teh 'new' school is now) was hard enough without having to worry about brakes The number of times the 'steering' bar with teh front wheels on would just come apart was unbelieveable and they worry about H&S issues nowadays. They would have had a heart attack if they saw what we got up to. Rope swing anyone??????

Old 09-01-2007, 11:04   #72
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

these days people just sit in front of a computer
Old 09-01-2007, 11:27   #73
God Member

Nah, surely not.... that would be totally non-fun

Old 09-01-2007, 17:40   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Tring to get them to actually stay together going down the hill on the Spring Hill field(where teh 'new' school is now) was hard enough without having to worry about brakes The number of times the 'steering' bar with teh front wheels on would just come apart was unbelieveable and they worry about H&S issues nowadays. They would have had a heart attack if they saw what we got up to. Rope swing anyone??????
You should have gone down Charter Street and right onto lonsdale street instead Entwisi, the added danger of pensioners exiting the Post office on Thursdays gave the ride added zest!
Old 09-01-2007, 18:25   #75
God Member

we did actually ride out bikes down charter street and down teh side of teh Springhill WMC because there was a manhole cover there that made you do big wheelies or a jump.

The PO was closed about that point. It was just a corner shop

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..