Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 12:14   #1
God Member

Aohell

Been with AOL for years now and found them very good and also very fast, for the last 6 months plus i`ve been having loads of connection problems so i think i`m gonna change, any recommendations? top speed costs me £9.99 a month so i don`t really want to pay any more, has anyone got sky broadband?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2008, 12:22   #2
God Member

Re: Aohell

I am with Sky now after having a load of trouble with Orange
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I am with Sky now after having a load of trouble with Orange
How is it?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29   #4
Resting in Peace

I had AOL for years, then changed to BTBroadband, just a tip if your changing give AOL 1 months notie in writting or you could have a problem trying to cancel
Old 12-04-2008, 12:32   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I had AOL for years, then changed to BTBroadband, just a tip if your changing give AOL 1 months notie in writting or you could have a problem trying to cancel
Great thanx for the tip off.
Old 12-04-2008, 13:01   #6
God Member

I am with BT .... I have BT phone, Internet and BT vision.

Never had a problem. BT vision box was FREE, and I can't live without it now.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 13:01   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
How is it?
Fine up to now and hope it stays that way
Old 12-04-2008, 13:32   #8
Senior Member+

Im with sky for my broadband and had a few problems at first but after speaking to one of their internet guys and changing the channel on my router its worked perfectly since (my cordless phone was on the same channel as the router apparantly) and for £5 a month, bargain!
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 14:09   #9
Senior Member+

Weve had Aol for years! And have never had a problem! We have sky so thought this year why not have a change because it was cheaper and go for sky broadband. So we did , and it was the worse thing ever, wouldnt work etc , sky telling us it would take weeks to sort out , so we moved back to aol and everythings fine again and no problems

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 15:04   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Weve had Aol for years! And have never had a problem! We have sky so thought this year why not have a change because it was cheaper and go for sky broadband. So we did , and it was the worse thing ever, wouldnt work etc , sky telling us it would take weeks to sort out , so we moved back to aol and everythings fine again and no problems

Thanx for that.......i might hang in there then.Better the devil you know and all that....
Old 14-04-2008, 17:04   #11

I was with AOL for years and they robbed me blind (was paying 30 odd quid a month, when it should have been half the price). Got annoyed and swapped to O2. Absolutely fantasic. Have the same speed for £10 per month and 100 free txts a day off the pc. Everytime I've rung with an issue (for the initial month, my connection kept dropping) so they changed the volume (or summat), not had any problems for ages
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 17:10   #12
God Member

well i'm with BT, have been for nearly 2 years, i started off paying £8.99 for the first 6 months(which is only 2 bills) then it went upto £17.99 a month and after twelve months because i took out another contract with them i'm now paying £14.99 a month, yeah i know its more expensive than aohell BUT i get a payment card and i tend to pay off at least £100 before my bill is actually due (broadband and phone that is) and thats just how i like it
Old 14-04-2008, 17:12   #13
God Member

I was with AOL for my first three years online. I thought that virus's etc were normal until I read somewhere that AOL are reportedly allowing many 'tame' viruses and spyware etc to pass through in order to push their (and Microsoft) packages for correction. How much of that is true I don't know but since I have been with Virgin I have had nowt of the sort despite using the PC for the same sort of programmes as before.

BTW Virgin is slow and their email system is kakka. And they put they prices up 1o months in rather than the standard 12. Changing to SKY in a couple of weeks as 16MB was teh same price as I pay for 4MB on VIRGIN and 2MB (originally) on AOL.
Old 14-04-2008, 17:33   #14
Senior Member+

Been wth AOL, NEVER again, it almost wrecked my PC when I came to unistall all the rubbish that came with it.

Wanadoo as they where (Orange), they where also Rubbish.

I pay Extra and more than most to be with BT BUT I like online gaming and BT have been brilliant connection wise, and with the Bt Hub I even allow my 2 neighbours to share the connection.

Its all down to what you want from your connection if its just a bit of net surfing Talk talk seems OK, and its free. If your a hardcore user you get what you pay for.

Plus who controls the phone lines (if not on cable) BT.
Old 14-04-2008, 17:33   #15
God Member

I am with Sky after having a hell of a time with Orange. Had a few problems at the start but it seems to have settled down now(fingers crossed).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..