Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2007, 21:59   #46
God Member

Re: Blue screen error - help.

If it's any consolation Mel I'm having a hard time of it too ...... look

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (18.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (27.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (21.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg secondlife-postcard.jpg (39.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 22-03-2007, 01:06   #47
I am Banned

i dont know if you got your problem sorted accymel but if you havnt download a program called everest home edition

it will list every device on your computer

google each item individualy and you will easily find teh drivers free

or

goto the manufacturers website and look up support / drivers

there shoudl be ab undle package for your product which will haev all your main drivers in for teh devices it came with liek mother board drivers , graphics , lan , audio etc etc

any probs pm me teh make and model number and i wil look around for you
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 10:18   #48
I am Banned

Thanks Guys still got a serious error blue screen unknown, tried absolutely everything i can - even fujitsu siemens site for scan driver update which said i was up to date even during that i crashed completely again coming up with blue screen error!!

I really have no clue & not downloading drivers for sake of it when i may not be that, as the report itself doesn't know whats causing it & after trying the manufacturer site, im still getting this prob with no cure atm.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 10:40   #49
God Member

Mel,
I'm not familiar with the games you are trying as I don't play many games on my PC. I'll try and do some investigation this lunchtime

When you say Blue screen, i sit a 'proper' "Blue Screen Of Death" or one that you can recover from?

With teh games themselves I am assuming they don't run in a browser, if this is incorrect let me know. If they do then have you tried another browser?

Have you ever managed to run them (i.e. before your windows update)

The specs that Tinks posted are reasonably high from a Gfx chip perspective.

On teh BSOD, can you write down and post what teh exact error is please.

Also , try doing

Start--- run eventvwr

then click on "Application"

Look through teh entires to see if anything jumps out (These are log entries for anything that went pear shaped within an application). You can have a look at teh System ones as well just in case

Ian

I'll come back to you after lunch when I've had chance to do some more digging

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 11:04   #50
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Mel,

Does your laptop have a restore CD? You know the one that makes your laptop like when it was new with nothing but windows and the software it came with. You lose everything but a good re install is always good for a Windows machine.

Yes it does sound drastic but at least you would know if you have a fault with your hardware or not.

Don't forget to back up everything first as your laptop will be a virgin machine again after the restore.
Old 22-03-2007, 11:05   #51
I am Banned

I dont have the cd Neil its a pre installed XP laptop
Old 22-03-2007, 11:11   #52
I am Banned

Blue screen i get switches off pc fails to re boot proper ie stays on boot logo so means a plug & battery off so i can re start pc
Old 22-03-2007, 11:11   #53
God Member

It is a bit drastic just for the sake of playing a couple of games, especially when it sounds like it's going to be the graphic card.

The only thing that baffles me is that it's allowing mel to actually load it. When I first tried to load it the computer said NO because my graphics card hadn't had the drivers installed. Mels will load although it's very laggy for the short time she's in the game and then gets booted. If it was a problem with the graphics card I wouldn't have thought it would have loaded it to start with?
Old 22-03-2007, 11:26   #54
God Member

Mel, Second Life states on their system reqs page that S3 and Savage cards are NOT supported.

Thats that one.

Black Hawk down I'm not sure of, I'm guessing its trying to use some part of DirectX 9 that your Gfx card doesn't support.

Old 22-03-2007, 11:35   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Mel, Second Life states on their system reqs page that S3 and Savage cards are NOT supported.
It does an all mel

Entwisi, in our defence of looking like complete numb nuts we did read that bit but didn't know what graphics card it was at the time.
Old 22-03-2007, 11:37   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I'll come back to you after lunch when I've had chance to do some more dogging
Does Julie know about your lunch time activities Ian?
Old 22-03-2007, 11:38   #57
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
I dont have the cd Neil its a pre installed XP laptop
They often use a hidden partition with the restore info on it and a boot disc to start off the reinstall from new.
Old 22-03-2007, 11:38   #58
I am Banned

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem report summary

Problem type
Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?
No

What does this problem mean?
Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause
Unknown

Computer symptoms
A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take
Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Technical Information
How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)

This is the error report i get everytime it crashes^^^^
Old 22-03-2007, 11:39   #59
I am Banned

Quote:

Thats that one.

Black Hawk down I'm not sure of, I'm guessing its trying to use some part of DirectX 9 that your Gfx card doesn't support.
Oh goodie that means i cant play them so i'll have to uninstall & stick to accyweb for my amusement
Old 22-03-2007, 11:40   #60
God Member

fair enough

it probably lets you load it but at some point the code tries to do something that Mels Gfx card doesn't support and at that point it bombs out. Microsoft with teh introduction of DX9 allowed extra 'features' that some Gfx chips support to be accessed through their API. if the hardware can't do it you will probably get internal register errors and that basically kills it. I would point out that in Linux you wouldn't have to reboot , just CTRL ALT Backpsace would restart the X windows system and you'd be back to where you were.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..