Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2007, 15:30   #1
Senior Member+

Bluetooth Adapter Help

Anyone (Ian) shed some light on this for me, I have not as yet googled it.

I have a BT Home Hub I connect wireless, I use a wireless adapter that came with my Motherboard realteck 802.11 something or other.

Now I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my Phone so I can swap data and put MP3's on it Ect.

However upon installation of this new devise it seems to knock my connection to the Home Hub off and I can no longer connect to web or even to the home hub?? When I Uninstall the new Phone Bluetooth Adapter my internet comes back up?

IIRC It will install and all work fine until I reboot then the above fun happens.

TIA
Old 19-04-2007, 15:33   #2
I am Banned

Re: Bluetooth Adapter Help

I have apparently 3 connections now possible 1 ethernet, 2 wireless, & 3 bluetooth - dunno why it puts it as a net connection tho But mine does at least work & with net with bt.

Have u set your wireless as default connection??
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 15:33   #3

What is a blue tooth? from a blue whale?
Kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 15:38   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
What is a blue tooth? from a blue whale?
Hehehehehehehe kitkat not in this case, its a little usb adapter to connect mobile to pc via 'bluetooth' which u can send exchange pics, tones etc to sync to pc or other phone invisably like wireless/infrared, each has to be bluetooth enabled

HTH
Old 19-04-2007, 15:41   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
I have apparently 3 connections now possible 1 ethernet, 2 wireless, & 3 bluetooth - dunno why it puts it as a net connection tho But mine does at least work & with net with bt.

Have u set your wireless as default connection??
TBH I havent looked at it that much, I would presume it would be set that way already.

Do you use Home Hub mel? if so how do you connect to web?

if you do, do you use the Hub Phone, Must say I use mine and what Rubbish sound quality.
Old 19-04-2007, 15:47   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
TBH I havent looked at it that much, I would presume it would be set that way already.

Do you use Home Hub mel? if so how do you connect to web?

if you do, do you use the Hub Phone, Must say I use mine and what Rubbish sound quality.
Yes i have a home hub & connect wirelessly, but im not on top package so didnt get a hub phone with it unless i wanted to pay £49.99 for one sooo nooo lol, but u can use a DECT phone [digital cordless] phone instead of a hub phone via normal phone connector at back of the hub as well as your normal landline, which does the same job as a hub phone - lasts longer & probably clearer lol, my brother has the hub phone & he says it dont last long on charge unless pc on permanantly & the sound quality isnt good.
Old 19-04-2007, 15:52   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Yes i have a home hub & connect wirelessly, but im not on top package so didnt get a hub phone with it unless i wanted to pay £49.99 for one sooo nooo lol, but u can use a DECT phone [digital cordless] phone instead of a hub phone via normal phone connector at back of the hub as well as your normal landline, which does the same job as a hub phone - lasts longer & probably clearer lol, my brother has the hub phone & he says it dont last long on charge unless pc on permanantly & the sound quality isnt good.
Ye they tried the £49.99 with me to, told um stuff that I want it for free, I must admit I was supprised when the phone came for free.

PC doesnt need to be on to charge the Hub Phone???? It comes with its own charger adapter, I presume the Hub like mine is left on perminant?
Old 19-04-2007, 15:54   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Ye they tried the £49.99 with me to, told um stuff that I want it for free, I must admit I was supprised when the phone came for free.

PC doesnt need to be on to charge the Hub Phone???? It comes with its own charger adapter, I presume the Hub like mine is left on perminant?
Ooooppppss i meant home hubs to be left on so it keeps its charge
Old 19-04-2007, 15:55   #9
I am Banned

My audio/sound card is realteck
Old 19-04-2007, 19:18   #10
God Member

I'll try and answer all teh questions here

Bluetooth is a low power wireless connection for devices in close proximity to connect to each other. this can be pretty much anything but the most popular/available bluetooth devices are mobile phones. this is to give things like headsets/PC sync etc an easily accessible method of connecting. One thing of note that whilst its wireless it uses a different 'system' than wireless networks so they aren't compatible with each other. You can run both on one PC though.

Back to teh original problem. when you installed it it probably also installed a feature called bluetooth personal network. what is probably happening is that this is taking priority over your normal wireless connection. what you an try is to install it, reboot, then go into 'Network connections' look for a new connection (check before you installed Bluetooth to know what is there originally). right click and disable it. your bluetooth to the phone will still work, its just the personal network stuff that stops. you should find that your normal wifi will work fine now (You may need to do 'Repair connection')

Realtek is just a chip manufacturer, they make allsorts of different things

Hope that all helps

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 15:01   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Back to teh original problem. when you installed it it probably also installed a feature called bluetooth personal network. what is probably happening is that this is taking priority over your normal wireless connection. what you an try is to install it, reboot, then go into 'Network connections' look for a new connection (check before you installed Bluetooth to know what is there originally). right click and disable it. your bluetooth to the phone will still work, its just the personal network stuff that stops. you should find that your normal wifi will work fine now (You may need to do 'Repair connection')
Will give that a Try, Thanks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..